Bersa blowing up???????????????????

JR924

I posted on this on another thread but decided this needed its own. Saw this video (https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...concealed+carry+guns+pew+tactical&FORM=HDRSC4) on bad handguns and at the end of the video, the guy claimed the Bersa Thunder was cheaply made and would blow up. My internet search found no other references. I sent this to Bersa and here is their reply. Thought is was interesting to share.

AJSPFBysBJMVvqcSvoaOWG6uwtoTpvrlQ7AQmn3MNcM2DsFX2h0xiJpMBhbid2O2S8mm=s40-p

Sep 17, 2023, 1:19 PM (1 day ago)

to me

This Guy is an idiot. The Bersa Thunder Series are solid 7076 T6
Aluminum Framed Pistols. He did not nor could not show a picture of one
blown up. As the Primary Master Gunsmith for Bersa Warranty for over 20
years I can state that I have never seen a Bersa Thunder 380 EVER blow
up. I have seen squibbed barrels from bad ammunition ruin a barrel, and
on the very rare occasion have a barrel have a small crack, but NEVER
have I ever seen a serious catastrophic failure from a Bersa Thunder

I will be forwarding this email to Bersa Corporate to have them review
it for possible legal intervention. Thank you for bringing this to our
attention.

---
Thank you,
Bersa Warranty Service Department
American Arsenal & Armory L.L.C.
(812) 659-4867

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
That whole channel is either made by a complete moron, or, more likely, completely AI-generated.

Reactions: Dub

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
If he is as bad as the fool, The Yankee Marshall, then I'd skip on past the channel.

:rofl:
I'll have to take your word on that one... Their video thumbnails do not inspire ant sort of confidence.

Robert28

Saw one of his videos linked in a recent gun thread.

I assume the guy is still spewing his noise. I can't watch his foolishness.
He became famous for being a doofus back in 2012. He says the stupidest things to get clicks. He’s your typical old fudd who’s gone crazy. Dude supported CHAZ and has some weird leftist politics. He even accused MrGunsandGear of stolen valor.

• Wow

bullgator

With so many small 9mm carry pistols available, who buys .380s for defense?

Dub

He became famous for being a doofus back in 2012. He says the stupidest things to get clicks. He’s your typical old fudd who’s gone crazy. Dude supported CHAZ and has some weird leftist politics. He even accused MrGunsandGear of stolen valor.

WOW.......I wasn't aware of any of that.

I despised him for his lame content and intense dedication to always speak from ignorance.

Thanks for that insight.

Now, I double-dog-despise him. :rofl:

I've always found Mr GunsandGear's coverage to be useful.

I wonder the same.

JR924

Plenty of information on the web on this continual long term 380 ACP vs 9 mm debate. Big thing for me is half the recoil so my wife can handle it and should be better for follow up shots. New more powerful loading have made it more potent. . Anyway, in my house where the maximum shot distance will probably be 30 feet and I do not wanting it hitting my neighbor's house, 15 rounds of 380 ACP should be enough plus it is a backup gun to my 12 gauge. However for my next gun, a 38 special/357 magnum or even a 44 magnum sounds good rather than a 9 mm. However more for fun than self defense. I do like the cheaper 9 mm ammo.

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
They ain't a thing wrong with .380 or .32 for personal protection. They'll punch holes just like the others.

Lukikus2

Glad you passed that information along to them. The quicker they can smash false news. The better.