Besides Georgia and if money wasn’t an issue, where would you live ?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
4th generation here. Probably would keep our place here, but I would have a couple of really good hunting properties in Al & Ms, maybe Ga too.
Also a nice cabin in the Smokies & a place on SGI.
Remember, $$ is no object. ?

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
4th generation here. Probably would keep our place here, but I would have a couple of really good hunting properties in Al & Ms, maybe Ga too.
Also a nice cabin in the Smokies & a place on SGI.
Remember, $$ is no object. ?

This would all hinge on where my kids wind up living.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
MAYBE I AM DIFFERENT FROM MOST BUT I LIKE THE FACT THAT I DO HAVE PLENTY OF SHOPPING VENUES AND ALSO FANTASTIC MEDICAL FACILITIES RIGHT NEAR THE OVERALL AREA THAT I HAVE LIVED FOR THE PAST 48 YEARS NOW. I ALSO LOVE THE FACT THAT I CAN BE UP IN THE COUNTRY ON MY PROPERTY WITHIN 45 MINUTES AS WELL. IT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT WORLD AWAY AS IT IS SO PEACEFUL TO BE IN THE QUIET WOODS AND ENJOY EVERYTHING THAT NATURE HAS TO OFFER.

I GREW UP IN THE COUNTRY ATMOSPHERE OF LINCOLN COUNTY, GEORGIA AND I HAVE OWNED MY PROPERTY THERE OVER MOST OF THESE YEARS AS WELL. I DO STILL KNOW PROBABLY 25-30 % OF THE CURRENT RESIDENTS THERE. SO FAR, I DON'T HAVE ANY PROBLEMS WITH TRESPASSERS ETC OVER THESE YEARS BUT IT DOES HELP TO HAVE A BOATLOAD OF TRAIL CAMERAS HIDDEN ALL OVER MY PROPERTY AS WELL. THANKFULLY, MOST PEOPLE IN THAT AREA KNOW FULL WELL THAT I HAVE THESE IN PLACE FOR MANY YEARS NOW AND THEY DON'T WANT TO CROSS PATHS WITH ME AS SUCH. WORD DOES GET AROUND FASTER IN SMALLER COMMUNITIES AS SUCH.

WITH ALL OF THIS SAID, I WOULD NOT WANT TO TRADE PLACES AND MOVE ACROSS THE COUNTRY/WORLD AS SUCH WHEN IT WOULD MAKE MORE SENSE TO JUST VISIT WHERE I WOULD LIKE TO VISIT AS SUCH. I HAVE BEEN FORTUNATE ENOUGH TO VISIT SEVERAL FOREIGN COUNTRIES ETC BUT THERE IS STILL NO PLACE LIKE HOME TO ME.

I DO LOVE THE STATE OF GEORGIA BECAUSE IT HAS SO MANY DIFFERENT SIGHTS TO SEE AND THE WEATHER IS ALSO A VARIED BAG OF HOT AND COLD FROM ONE SEASON TO THE NEXT. I REALLY DO LOVE THE MOUNTAIN AREAS OF GEORGIA BEST FOR VISITING AND I ALSO LOVE THE MOUNTAIN STREAMS WHILE ENJOYING TIME WITH MY SIGNIFICANT OTHER. I ALSO LOVE THE FALL FOLIAGE FOR PHOTO OPPORTUNITIES EACH FALL AS WELL.

Last edited:

fredw

Retired Moderator

outdoorman

I'd buy a 4 season camper/travel trailer and a new 4WD truck and live where ever I felt like at the moment.
I know I'd return to Georgia as home base where I'd have some land to enjoy.

Bubba_1122

St George Island - on the bay - with a great view of the sunset and a dock with a boat lift.

Bought some lottery tickets yesterday (only way gonna happen).

htr4life

I would leave our thug nation (aka Metro Atlanta) and move to Idaho, Wyoming or Montana and NEVER return to Georgia. I've had enough of these entitled cupcakes that act like complete savages!

hopper

My stomach hurts just thinking of not living in Ga. But just of the top of my head I do like Ocean Isle north enough of Mrytle Beach.

Patriot44

Banned
I have a nice little region of "redneck, hillbillies and Trump supporters" that I plan to escape to in a few years. It is still not being inhabited by yankee scum at this point but figure it will in ~10 years. I want to get up there, build a nice spread and then sell it at 1000X to a skinny jean wearing yankee sucker. then wash rinse and repeat one last time that will be even further off the RADAR of most Americans.