Best camera for the $$$

DMonahan

Giving up on WGI cameras. Only ones that haven’t failed are older ones with the white flash but I just set them to daytime only. Looking for no glows. Had good luck with Stealth cam G42NGs but seeing is there is anything else out there for less money

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I been looking as well. I've had good luck with moultrie in the past. Still have 2 a-5s that are still going strong after many years, batteries last about a year and a half. Saw a couple of 2 camera deals on eBay for the a35i (supposed to be no flash). Wanting a couple to have out in Iowa while I'm up there in nov.

glynr329

I decided to do the Wildgame. On sale at Dicks 49.00 bought 2 and a pack of candy to make 100.00 to get 20 percent off. Got tired of paying a lot of money and they didn't last 1 year. I will see what happens.

Last edited:

Rosco

Can’t beat the Primos Proof Gen2 01 12mp cameras when Dicks has a flash sale. For a little more $ the Moultrie 12-14 mp cameras are pretty reliable for the $ too. Both are super easy to set up and take decent pics or video.

Rackmaster

Political Forum Town Crier
the ones I use are Bushnell Trophy Cams. I have tried them all and these are the best and the customer service at Bushnell is great!

ALB

Giving up on WGI cameras. Only ones that haven’t failed are older ones with the white flash but I just set them to daytime only. Looking for no glows. Had good luck with Stealth cam G42NGs but seeing is there is anything else out there for less money
Same with me for WG! Never again! I bought teh cheap Stealth cams and the pictures are aweful. Cabela Cams have a lifetime warranty!

shdw633

Same with me for WG! Never again! I bought teh cheap Stealth cams and the pictures are aweful. Cabela Cams have a lifetime warranty!

Is their warranty still valid now that Cabelas is owned by Bass Pro Shops? I'm with Bushnell and Moultrie, got a bunch of both and love them all with little to no problems. I have had some moultries out running for nearly 10 years.

Dirtroad Johnson

the ones I use are Bushnell Trophy Cams. I have tried them all and these are the best and the customer service at Bushnell is great!

01 Foreman recommended those to me 5 or 6 years ago & they have worked really well, user friendly & dependable. Good quality cameras for the money. x2 on customer service.

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Spypoint Link Evo because I don't have to go anywhere near it to know when I need to be hunting there. Got both of mine on ebay using coupons for around $165 shipped.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
WGI for me , guess I’ve gotten some of the good ones , I’ve got a couple that’s 4-5 yrs old and still working great , and bought 3 for less than $100 for all 3 about 6 months ago that are probably my favorite!

shdw633

Spypoint Link Evo because I don't have to go anywhere near it to know when I need to be hunting there. Got both of mine on ebay using coupons for around $165 shipped.

I got three of them and my buddy got two. Out of the 5 cameras two of them have had to sent back for repairs because the IR's would not go off at night and we got nothing but black pics. Not that satisfied with their pictures and their night IR's don't go out very far. Overall it's not a bad cell camera for the money, especially for what the cell cameras are going for right now but I won't buy another one.

pete2018

Browning strickforce 850 they take great night and day photos and I have had mine for over 3 years no problems great battery life. Only problem I had out of one was that it got stolen.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
The only one I own is a a wild game and it has been a great one. Has taken thousands of pictures since I put it out in March. I have borrowed moultrie ones from my cousin and they were not on par with the wild game. Lot of blank pictures, poor image quality as well. The wild game might have 3 blanks out of 4000 when I pull the card. My wild game is a mirage 16 blackout.

glynr329

My browning takes good pictures but you can forget about night pictures just takes black pictures.

kickers

Moultrie M 80 was a good one and the Browning bone collector series. Had 4 m80 and 1 browning for around 8 years or so and Still working good but the browning light is dim now butgreat day pics and batteries last all season. This year I decided to buy a browning strike force extreme 16 mp and holy cow I absolutely love it. So many features it’s crazy. Crisp clear pics and great night shots. Personally I like IR. Just never get great quality out of no glow and the deer never mind the IR anyway have them 2 ft from camera all the time and even smell it !!! Anyway that’s my 2 cents and Walmart has for $119.99 but got mine at sports academy they price match plus another 5% off ???. Good Luck !!

releehweoj

8 Browning Strike Force cameras just out to begin their 4th year. They take 6 AA batteries that last thru the end of the season. Purchased on sale from Cabelas for $70 each IIRC. Haven't had any trouble with any of them. Day pics are excellent and night pics are mostly good - some blurring on occasion. Can't say that about the Moultries, Bushnells, etc. that I've used in the past.

Buford_Dawg

I have a mixture of Moultries, WGI, Tasco and Stealthcam. The way I look at trailcams is I want to get 2-3 years out of it and then if it dies, so be it. After having several stolen thru the years, I will not pay more than 75.00 per camera. For the money, the Moultries and WGI fit my needs. I also keep the packaging in case they do die within a year so I can return them depending on warranty. I have had terrific luck with the Moultrie A Series and the WGI Cloak series.

ALB

Is their warranty still valid now that Cabelas is owned by Bass Pro Shops? I'm with Bushnell and Moultrie, got a bunch of both and love them all with little to no problems. I have had some moultries out running for nearly 10 years.
Not sure but that would be a good question to ask.