Best camera for the $$$

GAHunterr

I've been using a couple of Moultrie AC-40's for the past year and they have worked great. I get lots of pictures, day and night, and they all have been good. It's easy to set up and use. Batteries last a good while in them too. They're only like $60-70 at Academy. I'll probably pick up some more soon.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 5.32.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 5.32.31 PM.png
    907 KB · Views: 67
  • aMFDC1546.JPG
    aMFDC1546.JPG
    190.1 KB · Views: 69
  • MFDC0008.JPG
    MFDC0008.JPG
    509.6 KB · Views: 74

GrantC77

I got 2 of the Browning Strike Force Pro Extremes(24mp I think) and man i'm impressed. takes very nice day and night pics.

Doolydawg03

Browning Strike force models for non cellular cams best bang for your buck i have tried every brand other than the cellular cams and reconyx and none have outperformed or out lasted the brownings some of mine are going into their 5th season and mine take 10's of thousand's of pics a year a piece these cameras have worked flawlessly with almost excellent picture quality day and night with just a few exceptions and i mean a very few and battery life is excellent also

Giving up on WGI cameras. Only ones that haven’t failed are older ones with the white flash but I just set them to daytime only. Looking for no glows. Had good luck with Stealth cam G42NGs but seeing is there is anything else out there for less money

If you go with Moultrie get the"M" series. My favorite cam in the Browning Sub Micro. Great battery life, great trigger speed, mulit-shot mode, and good video. Great value for $119

86ccord

I actually tried out the Tasco 10MP cameras. I bought two at the beginning of this season, I think I paid $23 each, they seem to be doing very well. Battery life span are good, takes good clean and clear pictures. I like them. for the price you cant beat them IMO

mrjohnsmitt

I have used the strike force, get them on sale for $99. I have used both litheum and cheap alkaline from Menards. I won't be wasting money on litheum again any time soon. Pic quality is outstanding with the cheap batteries. I get 6 months + and at least 1500 pics on the cheap no name Menards brand.

Last edited:

transfixer

Stores should be putting some of the trail cams on clearance now, I prefer Bushnell trophy cams and Browning Strike force for my money, in fact I'd probably give the edge to Browning strike force,, batteries last forever in the one I have, takes great day and night pictures, I've got two of the Bushnell's and they just keep working , had both for 4 or 5 years now, got two wildgames, I put them where they might be found, don't care if someone steals them, one quit working this season, other one works, when it wants to, I've noticed you can always find them cheaper than other cams, there is a reason for that I believe ! lol

mossyhorn

I recently had some issues with my browning cams and sent them in and parts were no longer worth fixing so they gave me a "deal" on whichever cams I wanted and decided on the browning dark ops for $84.00ea. I bought 6 and the video is awesome and with no red light the deer seem to not even know the camera is on. So far extremely satisfied!

KILLNTM

I like the Browning Dark Ops as well. They are simple to set up and take pretty good daytime pics and fair night time pics. The night time pics are about as good as one would expect with a black flash. No red glow and small size sold me. I like setting mine on a 3 or 4 shot burst mode.

mallardk

I like my spypoint link evo, no real issues, picture quality when sent is not that great but good enough i can count points. I got the 12 volt battery kit and already had solar charger. I have had it out since Nov and battery is still around 80%. It has been great not switching out SD cards. Cell plan not that bad, you can buy 3 months at a time for unlimited photos for $25. I got month free when signed up, then another 3 months for some reason free, plus another 3 because Jan 1, i had to go turn it off then back on for software to update.

livetohunt

I recently had some issues with my browning cams and sent them in and parts were no longer worth fixing so they gave me a "deal" on whichever cams I wanted and decided on the browning dark ops for $84.00ea. I bought 6 and the video is awesome and with no red light the deer seem to not even know the camera is on. So far extremely satisfied!

I have found the dark ops cams to have more nighttime blurr than any other black flash I have owned. Daytime pics are good.

Deerhead

8 Browning Strike Force cameras just out to begin their 4th year. They take 6 AA batteries that last thru the end of the season. Purchased on sale from Cabelas for $70 each IIRC. Haven't had any trouble with any of them. Day pics are excellent and night pics are mostly good - some blurring on occasion. Can't say that about the Moultries, Bushnells, etc. that I've used in the past.

I have four Browning Strike Force three of which are four years old and one new one. Just like above excellent day pics, good night pics, good battery life. Reasonable price when on sale.

I keep thinking the price of game cams will start coming down, but they don't seem to be doing so. The quality and price point that suits me is less than $90, 14 MPI or greater, invisible IR flash, and .7s or less response. Some of you may be able to afford a $150 or more camera, but I'm running around 20 cameras. I would rather have 2 with the specs I just gave at $80 than one suped up camera at $160. The prices seem to be going up as improvements are made (understandably), but I don't need the improvements and price increases as much as I need a good basic camera that will be reliable for several years.

I have a couple of Bushnells and the rest are Moultrie. I really like the ease of use of the Moultrie's and they have done everything I've needed them to do.

GottaGetOutdoors

I operate nearly two dozen Browning Spec Ops cameras and am quite pleased. Photo quality is acceptable. Battery life is exceptional. Am also experimenting with the new Hawk Ghost camera. Too soon to tell but I am pleased so far.