Best Conceal Carry Pistol

jimboknows

at least consider the walther CCP...great shooting, feels like a full size in my hand (i have big palms, other gun is a G20 full frame, not very concealable), and price is usually around $360...only downside is not as easy to disassemble to clean

1gr8bldr

The new Ruger lcp 380 or 9 is a good cheap gun[$270], not the original. But I like the 42 and 43 Glock

Northwestretriever

Glock 19 with Crossbreed super tuck (IWB). It is kind of large for concealed carry but usually only other carriers notice.

This is exactly what I've carried for 13 years while at work. I have found the crossbreed super tucks to be very comfortable. The only thing is kydex with really mess the finish up on your gun. I'm thinking of going back to leather.

Robust Redhorse

Concealed Carry

I would go with the largest and highest capacity pistol that you would actually carry.

To my disappointment, I have found that an auto the size of a Ruger LCP is about the largest gun I will actually have with me in all carry circumstances.

I would love to say that I carry a full size Glock at all times, but me and my business partner were working our store several years ago when a real whack job burst unto the scene. We dealt with him without it getting violent, but after it was over, I felt really stupid that my Glock 21 and his Glock 20 were sitting safely in the consoles our our cars, while we were sitting ducks.

My advice is to experiment with as many pistols as you can, decide what size pistol you are actually willing to carry all the time, and buy and carry the one you can shoot the best.

Cestes1abac

For me this question has lots of variables. Some variables are: clothes that you are wearing while carrying, how you will carry the firearm(owb, iwb, aiwb) , tucked/untucked, many others. I carry a couple of different firearms at different times. Summer time tucked my XDS 9mm in a WhiteHatHolsters.com microtuck with UltiClips. All other times I like to carry XDS9mm and Glock 19 appendix if I am able to cover with untucked shirt or vest/jacket. My appendix holsters are from GreenForceTactical.com. I would buy a gun that you can shoot well and that you can get good quality holsters for. I would get a good belt as well. My belt came from SOE(Special Operations Equipment)

Attachments

• IMG_5982.jpg
    IMG_5982.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1,292
  • IMG_5779.jpg
    IMG_5779.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 1,250

Dub

G19 riding in a Milt Sparks Criterion has been a good fit for me.

Last edited:

deerslayer357

Springfield emp40 in a crossbreed supertuck for me

BowanaLee

First off, it doesn't do any good if you leave it in your vehicle. It has to be on your body everywhere you go. The gun you carry depends on your line of work and how you dress. I'm a construction worker. I wear tool belts and safety belts so can't put it there. My legs are wrapped in ladders so I can let go and work with my hands. Can't use an ankle holster. The only place I could find was in my pocket so it had to be small and safe. I wanted a good safety that couldn't be switched by outside interference. I have a Taurus slim 9mm but its a tad big for a pocket in my business. I narrowed it down to these two. I couldn't choose one so I just got them both. S&W bodyguard and NAA 22 mag. The 22 mag revolver is only a close range point and shoot gun. Effective range about 10 ft. If they're outside 10 ft they're probably not a threat. The body guard is effective about 20-25 yds. Its my main carry gun. I use Mikes size 3 inside the pocket holster cut down a little so I can get my fingers in it and switch the safety before I draw it. If you decide to pocket carry be sure to use a pocket holster or tape the barrel. Pocket lint will get packed in the barrel. You can't tape semi autos or at least mine. Its a shame we have to carry but this world has changed. Be safe my friends.

Attachments

• 007.jpg resized.jpg
    007.jpg resized.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 1,032

95g atl

Old thread:
LCR (that's the 380) in my pocket all the time.
When deep concealment is necessary, NAA 22/22mag.
When at the hunt club OR ghetto areas, Glock 26 or 29.

Folks may argue with stopping power of a 380 or 22mag with the small NAA. I agree, it is marginal, however, I would rather have something with me, than nothing at all. It is not practical for me to always carry something larger.

gregj

I used to carry a Kel-Tec P32 ALL THE TIME, then i sold it and bought a Browning 1911-380. I love the pistol but hardly ever carry it cause it's just too big to put in my pocket like i used to carry the 32. I am thinking of getting another Kel Tec but in a 380. It fits in my pocket and disappears. I know i could get an IWB holster for the Browning but i like a pocket carry cause you don't have to worry about it "printing" or having to wear a shirt out side of your pants.

95g atl

I used to carry a Kel-Tec P32 ALL THE TIME, then i sold it and bought a Browning 1911-380. I love the pistol but hardly ever carry it cause it's just too big to put in my pocket like i used to carry the 32. I am thinking of getting another Kel Tec but in a 380. It fits in my pocket and disappears. I know i could get an IWB holster for the Browning but i like a pocket carry cause you don't have to worry about it "printing" or having to wear a shirt out side of your pants.

x2.
LCP in my pocket and don't know it is there.

GunnSmokeer

Across the River:

Previously I recommended the Ruger SR9, the S&W M&P series, the Springfield XD9.

I also like the Glock 19 (or 26, if you want really short and stubby), but not as much as I like the three models above.

Recently (last week) I rented some compact 9mm handguns from a local indoor range.

SCCY (shown in the photo in the post above mine): Didn't like it. Grip didn't fit my hands or trigger finger, and it had a terrible trigger pull. Accuracy suffered. I could barely keep my hits on the torso of a man-sized silhouette target at 25 yards, even shooting slow and aiming carefully. The Double-action Only (DAO) trigger is tough.

RUGER SR9-C: This is the compact version of a duty-sized gun that I'd previously handled and liked. I like this concealed-carry size, too. Trigger was light and short, but not so short or light that I'd feel compelled to use any manual safety, if I had it in a decent holster. I shot good groups with this one.

SMITH & WESSON M&P SHIELD: Pretty nice. Trigger wasn't quite as good as the Ruger, but way better than any DAO automatic. Good sights, good grip shape. I like it. It uses single-stack magazines, but that's OK with me. The 7 round mag is better for deep cover, but I used the 8-round mag, so with one in the chamber that's 9 shots of 9mm at your disposal. Enough to make me feel safe.

Across the River:

Previously I recommended the Ruger SR9, the S&W M&P series, the Springfield XD9.

I also like the Glock 19 (or 26, if you want really short and stubby), but not as much as I like the three models above.

Recently (last week) I rented some compact 9mm handguns from a local indoor range.

SCCY (shown in the photo in the post above mine): Didn't like it. Grip didn't fit my hands or trigger finger, and it had a terrible trigger pull. Accuracy suffered. I could barely keep my hits on the torso of a man-sized silhouette target at 25 yards, even shooting slow and aiming carefully. The Double-action Only (DAO) trigger is tough.

RUGER SR9-C: This is the compact version of a duty-sized gun that I'd previously handled and liked. I like this concealed-carry size, too. Trigger was light and short, but not so short or light that I'd feel compelled to use any manual safety, if I had it in a decent holster. I shot good groups with this one.

SMITH & WESSON M&P SHIELD: Pretty nice. Trigger wasn't quite as good as the Ruger, but way better than any DAO automatic. Good sights, good grip shape. I like it. It uses single-stack magazines, but that's OK with me. The 7 round mag is better for deep cover, but I used the 8-round mag, so with one in the chamber that's 9 shots of 9mm at your disposal. Enough to make me feel safe.

The M&P Shield fits me very well too. The grip angle and feel are very good for me and I have pretty large hands. I also have the S&W SDVE in .40 (my Shield is also .40) and use it as my main HD handgun, keep situated close by my bed. Full sized and does not feel near as nice in my hand, but still a nice piece, not for CC of course.

tv_racin_fan

glock 19. final answer. why do we keep doing this?

We keep doing this because there is no one correct answer.

Glock 19 at 7.4 by 5 by 1.2 inches might be a bit large for some.

Kahr CW9 at 5.9 by 4.5 by 0.9 might be a better fit.

Then there are some of us who carry a small revolver.

I suggest handling as many handguns as possible to see what feels right. It would be even better if you have friends with an assortment that you can fire. You should also consider the availability of concealment holsters for the pistol you like. I regularly conceal a full size glock with a belt holster. For concealment don't skimp on the holster and a good gun belt. I'm by no means an expert, but I have had some formal handgun training and little pocket pistols are hard to get good hits when firing under stress, even at very short range. Larger pistols can be heavy and harder to conceal, but are easier to get good hits if the weapon properly fits you. I'm not a .380 hater, I have a couple, but I just can't bet my life on one. The lcp I have is easy to conceal, but has a terrible trigger. I sometimes opt for a S&W 442 with a tritium big dot sight instead as a "summer time" weapon. It is much easier to make good hits with the 442 than the lcp. For a great belt, search "the Beltman." He's in Apex, NC.

Melvin4730

I carry the s&w bodygaurd .380 in my front pocket/holster. I have a couple of 9's I carry from time to time, but the little BG is the most comfortable. Its made for close range, and that's what I want.

Latest posts