Best Conceal Carry Pistol

frankwright

I always have a gun in my pocket. For many years it was a Kel-Tec P-32 but lately a Ruger LCP2.

For real carrying I have been using an FNH FNSC. 9MM and between the size of a Glock 26 and 19 but 12+1 rounds.

B. White

I would really like to have one of everything mentioned below, but since a gun is a tool I keep reminding myself when I see a new one to ask if I already have a tool that fits the need. I carry a midsize 1911 most of the time, since it is a good mix for me of weight and concealability, plus I shoot it often and I'm 100% confident with it. If I need to stick something in my pocket, I have a little Taurus 605 357 that fits nicely.

GunnSmokeer

bowanaLee:

You said you like your carry gun to have a safety, just in case you want to use it.

I think that's asking for trouble. If you don't normally engage the safety, then you should NEVER carry it with the safety on. You may forget to flip it off in an emergency.

At the shooting range when it's time to check patch up the target, or when letting friends handle the gun away from a shooting range, don't use the safety. Just unload the gun and lock the slide back.

I also carry a compact semi-auto that has a manual safety, and I decided when I got it that I'd either ALWAYS carry with the safety on (and do a lot of practice flicking the safety off when I draw it), OR... I'd NEVER carry with the safety engaged.

Just my two cents' worth.

BowanaLee

bowanaLee:

You said you like your carry gun to have a safety, just in case you want to use it.

I think that's asking for trouble. If you don't normally engage the safety, then you should NEVER carry it with the safety on. You may forget to flip it off in an emergency.

At the shooting range when it's time to check patch up the target, or when letting friends handle the gun away from a shooting range, don't use the safety. Just unload the gun and lock the slide back.

I also carry a compact semi-auto that has a manual safety, and I decided when I got it that I'd either ALWAYS carry with the safety on (and do a lot of practice flicking the safety off when I draw it), OR... I'd NEVER carry with the safety engaged.

Just my two cents' worth.

No, I said, I also like the extra security of having a safety. You don't have to use it but its nice having it just in case.

I work construction, carrying ladders, climbing them and wear a tool belt. I carry with my safety on to make sure I'm safe with things rubbing up against my pocket.
The point I was trying to make is, I can't see a reason to buy a pistol with out a safety seeing you don't have to use it.

Darkhorse

The main reason I see is this; You carry with the safety in the fire position. You are forced to draw your weapon on an armed transgressor.
Somehow the safety has accidently been moved to the safe condition. You draw your weapon and pull the trigger expecting for it to fire.
It doesn't fire because it's on safety. Then you are dead.
I only carry a concealed weapon if it has no safety at all.

ruger pt140

I also like my Glock 27

I conceal carry the Ruger because it has a safety, mostly because I carry up front and it is pointed at my Johnson.

I don't have a problem drawing the gun and taking off safety at the same time.

If I carry the Glock 27 it is on my side IWB under my shirt.

I open carry my Glock 23, very accurate weapon.

PT140 and Glock 27 your adversary best be close.

Yes, they are all in 40 s&w.

s&r

TomC

The Ruger LC9s I had at one point was great to carry but it was SEVERELY prone to rusting.....much more so than the S&W's and Glocks. I would carry it for long walks and would have to wipe it down EVERY day to keep rust at bay. Not an issue with my Shields and Baby Glocks. Got frustrating and sold it!

BowanaLee

The main reason I see is this; You carry with the safety in the fire position. You are forced to draw your weapon on an armed transgressor.
Somehow the safety has accidently been moved to the safe condition. You draw your weapon and pull the trigger expecting for it to fire.
It doesn't fire because it's on safety. Then you are dead.
I only carry a concealed weapon if it has no safety at all.

My safety has never moved unless I move it. I will never find out if something rubbed my trigger enough to fire it. You might ? Goes both ways.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Glock 19 in a super tuck IWB holster has been my EDC.
I find myself carrying a S&W BG .380 more often these days. IWB or pants/coat pocket the body guard is easy to carry and conceal.

killerv

I've been really diggin' my Shield 9mm, I shoot it better than my G19. I also like to tote a BG 380 depending on what I'm wearing...definitely a get off me gun because I can't hit squat with it. Not gonna lie, I liked my old lcp better than the bodyguard. I recently picked up a naa mini with a front night sight. It actually shoots pretty dang accurate, I was supprised.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about those sccy pistols like posted above. Supposedly a keltec guy came out with them? As long as they are reliable, be a perfect truck gun, wouldn't be out a whole lot if something happened to it.

ucfireman

I got a Shield .40 with the laser grip. Love it, finding a holster for the laser can be a pain though.
I don't carry everyday but I do like the gun.

Mark R

My opinion is S&W shield or Springfield XDS times a bunch . No longer a glock fan after having a slide bust .

Larry Rooks

I have a Shield two tone that I really like as a concealed carry sidearm. I'd rather have a 45 if it came down to a shoot out, but the Shield carries so easy over the 1911 for all day carry for us fat folks:cool:

pacecars

I didn't read all the posts but the best gun for concealed carry is the gun that you WILL carry. You have to make up your mind that you will always have it on you.

Rodango

I thought I read the OP asked (back in 2016, haha) about a mid sized semi auto pistol for concealed carry. I’d mention the CZ P-07. It exactly fits that description. Can be had around $400. Really like mine in 9mm, my first 9. My 96fs is actually a little softer shooting, even though it’s a .40, but I have worked on the trigger, changed some springs, polished internals some, and more. The 96 will always be too big to carry concealed, at least for long, but I could see it with the P-07, and it’s a very accurate shooter.

Reactions: Dub