Best coondog you ever hunted with??

Hillbilly stalker

Best pleasure dog I ever hunted with was a blue tick named hammer. Batman from Damascus owned him. Wasn’t a speed demon, but when he locked down you could bet the farm there was a coon, however far that maybe.Competition dog was a Walker dog,Tar Rattler Joe owned by Dale Brown from Blakely. He could flat do it. And let another dog jump on him at the tree lol. He was slick, soon as he saw light’s coming he turned into an angel. He didn’t start a fight, he just finished it.
Yadkin Tar Rattler ?

Hillbilly stalker

He was a son of Yadkin Tar Rattler, and I can’t remember the female right off. This was late 90s
My hunting buddy had a son off of him also. The first hunt he hunted him in was the Grand American…he came in either 2nd or 3rd place. Not bad for a old country coon dog. He must have thrown some good pups.

Arrow3

My late friend Robert Wooten owned half of Yadkin Tar Rattler at one time.

Mauser

My hunting buddy had a son off of him also. The first hunt he hunted him in was the Grand American…he came in either 2nd or 3rd place. Not bad for an old country coon dog. He must have thrown some good pups.
Dale hunted joe in the World hunt one year, I cant remember what year or how he did. But he took one year and didn’t work,and all he did was hunt. Had somebody backing him of course.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve never owned a coon dog but I’ve been a many a night and I had the pleasure to hunt with a fine gentleman near Eufaula Al that raised and sold coon dogs . Some of you coon hunters may of known him , Warren Gilmore . He had some treeing machines, I’d go with him several times a week . I often wonder if he’s still alive

Sambobuck

My late friend Robert Wooten owned half of Yadkin Tar Rattler at one time.
After running the PKC hunts hard for the last ten years, I've seen a bunch of nice hounds. I got to thinking about it and came up with a list of dogs that always impressed me and treed coons consistantly and in style!

PCH Satilla River Betty
PCH Rerun
GCH Glass Eye Ring
SCH Cook's Molly
SCH Marchant's Lacey
SCH Cool Breeze
SCH Swamp Rat
PCH Wipeout Zena
GCH Stylish Phret
GCH Showtime Lucy
GCH Harry Bawls
SCH Danny Boy
SCH Qusy
PCH Lock Nut
PCH Hardwood Henry
SCH Power Pack
CH Hanna
PCH Bad Habit
PCH Wipeout Barbwire
PCH Harley
GCH Cold Sweat
PCH M/J Spot
PCH Eye Knot
PCH Hardwood Stylish Ann
PCH Jenni
My absolute favorite 2 of all time would have to be Glass Eye Ring and Lock Nut!
I had the opportunity to hunt with alot of these dogs!!! Brings back memories

Arrow3

Going again tomorrow night

specialk

Johnson collars were the best. Had the tree switches in em so they beeped twice as fast when the dog was looking up.

yep, mine did as well....biggest thing was making sure you had the correct side facing forward when you collared your dog...if not he showed treed when looking down.....lol....

Hillbilly stalker

Man ol Drums got a jaw on him ! Good looking pair of English there, looks like you got em tuned up. (y)

Arrow3

Man ol Drums got a jaw on him ! Good looking pair of English there, looks like you got em tuned up. (y)
The female is a Gr Nt Ch owned by my friend Alan Bridges.

Drum is 4 years old. I raised him and quit hunting for a while. He's only been carried hunting 12 to 15 times. He's starting to put it together. Great disposition. Loud, hard tree dog.

Arrow3

Dogs were not on tonight. It's like that sometimes. Had a several good hunts in a row so we were due a bad one.