best crossbow and best place to buy

Ihunt

After 2 years, I bet he’s found the one he was looking for?

westcobbdog

“Best” would be the Ravn Crossbows.

Good bang for your buck would be the Bruin 410 or Centerpoint 370. Both <$300 as a package and shoot lights out. Upgrade to some better bolts and you’re good to go!
beware the Ravin, out of state hunting bow and my partner bought his $925 brand new Ravin, his tore up won’t cock and it’s a common problem with them evidently. Those Xbox’s have had lots of problems.

whchunter

Bought a 10 point legend and quite happy. Only regret is not waiting till they offered the de-cock feature.

Jim Boyd

www.wyverncreations.com

Ive owned several crossbows including a Mission Dagger. Thy are good bows but if I was going to spend 6-7 hundred I would look at the Wicked Ridge RDX 400 and the Tenpoint Titan M1...These 2 bows are a tremendous value...

….this, for sure.

James12

I got a brand new Barnett Raptor Pro (shot it 4 times), before I got a new Mathews bow. It’s also got a MA3ty scope. Just posted it up online here on GON for sale. But at 400fps+ it’s the best Barnett model I’ve shot.

Last edited:

Deerhead

Keeping this thread alive. Went and bought a Wicked Ridge Fury 410 from Amazon. It has the cock/de-cock crank. I needed a new target to stop these speed bolts. I purchased a Spider Web target. Hope they are true to their word on easy bolt removal. Also bought some more bolts, broadheads, a case and other accessories... Can't wait to shoot it! The old compound is going to collect some dust.

GregoryB.

Been looking at a Ravin R10. Feels weird shooting it compared to my vertical bows but due to shoulder issues I am going to buy one later this week. Will be my back up bow as long as I can draw my compound backed down to 52lb. Manual labor and farm life takes a toll on the body.

Deerhead

Well I got to shoot my new Wicked Ridge Fury today. Got it sighted in at 20. Since this is my 1st Crossbow I’ll keep practicing at 20 then move to 30. The Acudraw is really nice and easy to operate. The scope is crystal clear and the bow is scary fast.

The Spiderweb target is really nice. The bolts are only penetrating 4”. Arrow removal is truly 2 fingers. I am very happy with this target.

I should be ready for archery season.

SuperCreech

I ended up buying a ravin R26 .with its small size and built in cocking device it seemed like a great choice.after 3 season it has been perfect and with the Hha jack plate and leupold vxr 3x9x40 100 yard shots are stacking together pretty tight .

Tight Lines

I did a bunch of research on this about 1.5 years ago to get one for me and my son...I ended up with the Ten Point entry level lightweight X-bow...$699...

https://www.tenpointcrossbows.com/product/wicked-ridge-m-370/

I think I ordered it from BPS as they were the only ones that had them during COVID...

You can spend more than cars I've owned on a X-bow and I can't imagine one more effective than the one I bought and it is more expensive than some...

Let us know where you land...