Best darn Fl Suwannee I've found in all my years.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Luck or fate? Saw a small orange grove had been pushed out to make a subdivision in Pasco Co. Fl. Elfers to be exact. Pulled out into the cleared area, got out and began walking. Noticed a small flake lying on the surface of the white sugar sand. Wearing western boots, I decided to kick the flake for some reason. Toe of the boot went down into the sand a bit and flipped this huge Suwannee out. 1977. It is alternately beveled proving the user had resharpened it at least one time. The stone is fossiliferous limestone chert. Healily ground base and thin for the size.

Attachments

• Thesuwannee.jpg
    Thesuwannee.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 98

oppthepop

Luck or fate? Saw a small orange grove had been pushed out to make a subdivision in Pasco Co. Fl. Elfers to be exact. Pulled out into the cleared area, got out and began walking. Noticed a small flake lying on the surface of the white sugar sand. Wearing western boots, I decided to kick the flake for some reason. Toe of the boot went down into the sand a bit and flipped this huge Suwannee out. 1977. It is alternately beveled proving the user had resharpened it at least one time. The stone is fossiliferous limestone chert. Healily ground base and thin for the size.
Wow!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
The early form of the Suwannee point type, didn't have the Mickey Mouse auricles. Some have called this an unfluted Clovis, but they are wrong. I found it in a Suwannee site in Hillsborough Co. Fl, in two halves. Heavily ground basal edges.

Attachments

• earlysuwannee.jpg
    earlysuwannee.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 11

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Nice point. Glad for you that you found both pieces.

bullgator

Sounds like you were on the Snell family property.