Best Drill Bits,,,,

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
these will go right thru stainless. no sweat

cn tech bit.jpg

Head East

The art of holemaking. Don’t be confused, just turn up the speed, flood the zone and drill baby drill.

:biggestshoot:Heh…

Pappy is rite, having the rite drill for the material worked will make the work mo ezeah. I made a lot of drilled holes back in the day, probably in the millions, but I never used juan of those fancy cryo nitroglycerized hole making apparatuses. :rockon:

The right drill, tool speed, coolant, correct sharpening for the material being holed and properly secured work, make the drills last mobetta and the holes be roundah, if that is of necessity. :huh: Of course, having a good piece of equipment to work with doesn’t hurt none.

As JPuppy said, good quality standard twist drills like Precision Twist Drill work well for everyday use.

Cmp1

BANNED
Never tried my titanium nitride bits in SS,,,,I get very little blowout thru wood with them,so no need for a backup board,,,,

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I ain't never seen an ad for a sale on Dewalt cordless drill motors or a Makita half-inch hammer drill motor, just sayin'....

The overall contraption is a drill, the little thing you put in it to bore holes in stuff is a drill bit. You will never convince me otherwise.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
Drilling out anything that has been inside a high pressure high temperature steam valve or a steam turbine will challenge the best German trained machinist out there. These valves and turbines have steam temperatures at 1000 degrees and pressures up to 4500#. Most people couldn’t even get a pilot hole drilled in these parts. Once you watch these master machinist work on these you wonder why we as Americans do not do apprenticeship programs starting in middle schools for different trades. Mathematics should have a stronger focus in our schools. One thing they do stress is lubricants whether drilling or machining these parts and making sure their drills or tool steel are sharpened exactly to specs.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
As with anything technique and using proper tools for the job.