Best Kayak Plugs

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I assume you talking SOT kayak. Why are you plugging your drains.

trad bow

wooden stick slinging driveler
I assume you talking SOT kayak. Why are you plugging your drains.
I’ve never plugged my scupper holes. Kinda defeats the purpose to me. I don’t have plugs for my Jackson Coosa and my Cuda came with plugs that I removed. Never have gotten wet except the time I rolled the Coosa in the river.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’ve never plugged my scupper holes. Kinda defeats the purpose to me. I don’t have plugs for my Jackson Coosa and my Cuda came with plugs that I removed. Never have gotten wet except the time I rolled the Coosa in the river.

Ive gotten unexpectedly baptized a couple times over the years.
The water drained well after righting the boat each time.
Scuppers are how the unwanted water gets out of your boat.
If water is coming in the scuppers the boat is likely loaded over capacity.

Rabun

I used scupper plugs this week bay fishing. First time I have. None of my gear in the back got wet which was nice for a change. I was in calm water so none was splashing in. If you’re taking water you definitely don’t want plugs in but they work well in certain conditions. Just google scupper plugs...nothing fancy and you can sure make your own. Just make sure you can pop them out easily if need be.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
I use the foam scupper plugs by pelican. I bought them off amazon for 9.99 and had them in two days. They're foam so they fit good in different type of scupper holes. I plug the front of my kayak, but leave the rear scuppers unplugged. So far they have worked great.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I keep mine plugged until there's water in the yak. Pop a couple out, drain the water, plug 'em back up.