Best Lake

The Donk

Looking for the best lake for a nice paddle and maybe fish some. I normally go to Lanier for stripers but my wife wants to go for a paddle this weekend and Lanier is fishing great but is absolutley nuts by 10am. I am experienced and we have big water boats. Was thinking Burton, Rabun, or Seed? Hows the boat traffic on those lakes.

SouthGa Fisher

Looking for the best lake for a nice paddle and maybe fish some. I normally go to Lanier for stripers but my wife wants to go for a paddle this weekend and Lanier is fishing great but is absolutley nuts by 10am. I am experienced and we have big water boats. Was thinking Burton, Rabun, or Seed? Hows the boat traffic on those lakes.
Burton and Rabun have tons of traffic. Seed isn't bad, Tugalo had tons of people this past weekend, and Yonah up at the campground is closed. You can still access the south ramp but there are more people down there.

You could always float the upper Hooch or the Chestatee river and catch shoal bass.

weagle

I would go to Hollis Lathem. There's more than 8 miles of shoreline if you wanted to paddle around it. It's clean and clear and plenty of good fishing. Nice wildlife watching, Bald eagles, otters, Great Blue Herrons, ducks, Ospreys, a little waterfall.

Anvil Head

Don't go to Lake Acworth.......you can walk across stepping on yaks and never get your feet wet on weekends. Mid week is not much better.