Best night bass fishing baits

GA BASS ODYSSEY

Full moon bass fishing. The June moon marks the end of spring bass fishing. The fish will move deep and be off shore in cooler waters until fall. I got 15 tonight the biggest 4lbs 8oz. I was dragging a big worm over grass beds and letting it fall off the side as well as bumping fallen wood near the surface. What are your favorite night time bass baits.fm1.jpgfm2.jpgfm3.jpgfm4.jpgfm5.jpgfm6.jpgfm7.jpg

Anvil Head

Jitter bugs are a hoot. Just got to remember not to set the hook on sound but on pull. They will go airborne with little more than a good twitch. Met a fella at the boat ramp one night with a brow pearcing - articulated froggy JB embedded in his left eyebrow. Removed it with nippers and plyers once he calmed down about going to the emergency room. Didn't help that my partner and I were laughing the whole time.

ghadarits

I’ve had good luck throwing a buzz bait. Just remember to check for a hook guard if you take it out of its packaging in the dark and remove it. Me and a friend were fishing a big pond one night and I had given him a new buzz bait still in the package. When I met him half way around the pond and asked him how he had done he fessed up to missing his first 7-8 strikes until he checked the hook. He’s still living that one down.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
I’ve had good luck throwing a buzz bait. Just remember to check for a hook guard if you take it out of its packaging in the dark and remove it. Me and a friend were fishing a big pond one night and I had given him a new buzz bait still in the package. When I met him half way around the pond and asked him how he had done he fessed up to missing his first 7-8 strikes until he checked the hook. He’s still living that one down.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: And here I thought I was the only one.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
I haven't fished in years but I will have to agree that the Jitterbug was a lot of fun.

We would fish it in the dead dark with no light on the boat. First you had to listen to hear whether you hit water or bushes. Then you had to be ready to duck if the other guy hit bush and pulled it free with gusto. Then you listened for a strike. At the roll everybody set his hook at the same time, duck time again on occasion. They you had to be ready for the tail walk and the possibility of the fish throwing the Jitterbug back at you. Loads of fun though and I never got hooked. Had some close calls though.

ghadarits

Whatever you have the most confidence in I would start fishing that in the same place you’d fish it first thing in the morning or right before dark. Build up some confidence and expand from there trying different techniques and locations.

Now for a little story from many years ago. I was living in Boston in 1997 for work. One of the electricians caught me getting some rods ready for after work and started talking bass fishing. One thing led to another and it came up that him and some buddies had a weekly pot tournament on a local watershed lake that was about 150 acres and he needed a partner the next night. I fished with him and we were in the top 3 or 4 out of 15 or so boats. We fished top water and from what I was hearing it sounded like everyone else was too. The next week was about the same we fished top water caught a bunch of fish and were near the top again. The third week about 2 hours into it my partner gets his holapopper caught in a bush and it ain’t coming out so we’re going in after it. When we get close to the bank I shine my flashlight into the water to see how deep it was. In the little 1ft circle I see 5-6 crawdad. I grab his line cut it with my snips and tell him don’t retire that we’re about to really start kicking some butt. I dig around and find a bag of zoom craws and we start catching them like I’ve never done before. After that we never lost another weekly pot tournament against that crew. Side Note:The Boston girls loved my southern accent the guys not so much.

Last edited:

GreenPig

Spro Rat 50, G-Ratts Kincanon Ratt, Spro BBZ-1 8" Floater, Whopper Plopper 130, Wake Bull shad, Musky JB, 10 & 12" worms with 1/8 oz bullet weight, Shakey Head with Zoom finesse or Trickworm, Huddleston 68 Special weedless, Venom 6.25" Nightmare Craw, and Missile Baits Micro Jigs.

ghadarits

Spro Rat 50, G-Ratts Kincanon Ratt, Spro BBZ-1 8" Floater, Whopper Plopper 130, Wake Bull shad, Musky JB, 10 & 12" worms with 1/8 oz bullet weight, Shakey Head with Zoom finesse or Trickworm, Huddleston 68 Special weedless, Venom 6.25" Nightmare Craw, and Missile Baits Micro Jigs.
Like I said whatever you have confidence in. Green Pig sounds like he does a lot of night fishing.