Best price on a live fishing setup?

whchunter

I understand you need a good size screen. What will a unit, transducer and needed accessories cost and where's the best place to buy? Should I wait till prices go down?

Jdmb123

Stuffs been on sale for a while now look at Russel marine, bass tank, etc. I have a 12” screen for mine and would not want smaller.

JROESEL

You don’t have to have a 12” screen, it all depends on what you want, your going to spend some money if you want the set up, you can get the setup for less then 2k if you watch the sales, I run 4 93sv plus units, one for live scope, and I don’t have a problem with seeing what I need to see, and also for down and side, you can do all of it out of the box with Garmin, all the other brands, you have to get certain units and transducers
It’s just like cell phones, bigger is better in some eyes, but when does it get to be not necessary and bulky

Burton

Here's a rough estimate:
LVS32 Livescope system - $1,000 (LVS34 is $1,700)
Garmin Fish Finder (9 inch is $700, the 10 inch is going on sale for $900, 12 inch is going on sale for $1500)
Fish finder mount - build for $40 or buy for $100-$250
Independent lithium battery (quick recharge, more voltage, easier to install, no issues draining your cranking battery) - $150 for 30 AH or big brand 50AH for $400)
Tax - $120

Minimum cost (LVS 32 and 9 inch screen) - $2,010
Max (LVS 34 and 12 inch screen) - $4,000

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Here's a rough estimate:
LVS32 Livescope system - $1,000 (LVS34 is $1,700)
Garmin Fish Finder (9 inch is $700, the 10 inch is going on sale for $900, 12 inch is going on sale for $1500)
Fish finder mount - build for $40 or buy for $100-$250
Independent lithium battery (quick recharge, more voltage, easier to install, no issues draining your cranking battery) - $150 for 30 AH or big brand 50AH for $400)
Tax - $120

Minimum cost (LVS 32 and 9 inch screen) - $2,010
Max (LVS 34 and 12 inch screen) - $4,000
Great post. Very helpful as to what the OP asked

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You don’t have to have a 12” screen, it all depends on what you want, your going to spend some money if you want the set up, you can get the setup for less then 2k if you watch the sales, I run 4 93sv plus units, one for live scope, and I don’t have a problem with seeing what I need to see, and also for down and side, you can do all of it out of the box with Garmin, all the other brands, you have to get certain units and transducers
It’s just like cell phones, bigger is better in some eyes, but when does it get to be not necessary and bulky
I need to get with you on helping me get set up with a unit

JROESEL

I need to get with you on helping me get set up with a unit
You let me know when your ready, your more then welcome on the rig to see it before you buy it, I will say that it makes you understand traditional sonar so much better, after you use the scope

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
You let me know when your ready, your more then welcome on the rig to see it before you buy it, I will say that it makes you understand traditional sonar so much better, after you use the scope
Thats what I really need to do, is to see 1 in action. I've never been on a boat with the livescope setup

hopper

Are you running the lvs32 on the older plus units? I have a 93 sv plus I bought 3 yrs ago and was thinking of just adding the lvs 32 for $1000 instead of upgrading to the newer uhd unit with the lvs 36. Don't want to spend $2000 upward.

klerchkatcher

Are you running the lvs32 on the older plus units? I have a 93 sv plus I bought 3 yrs ago and was thinking of just adding the lvs 32 for $1000 instead of upgrading to the newer uhd unit with the lvs 36. Don't want to spend $2000 upward.
I'm running an older 93 sv plus unit with Lvs32, it works fine.