Best string for Sammick Sage

marshdawg

I just bought a Sammick Sage with 30# limbs @62" AMO. Which kind of string is the best in your experience? The stock one is already coming apart. I have seen the two opinions of Fast Flight vs. Dacron. What do y'all say? I'm just getting started and need some advice. From what I have read It seems the fast flight is faster but has more noise/vibration. Please sound off. Thanks

Dennis

FF with padded loops all day. It will wake up that bow quite a bit. Search SBD tell him what you want he will know what to do.

Todd Cook

I'm the only person I know that still shoots Dacron. I have a long draw length and shoot 55-60 pounds so I don't need the FF performance. I love the soft feel and the quietness of Dacron. I've got a dozen or so spools of it, and I'm cheap so I'll keep shooting it. Having said that, I have some FF I make my wife's strings out of. The extra zip helps her. Those SBD strings Dennis talked about are top shelf.

marshdawg

Thank you Dennis and Todd. I called Pierre at SBD and he was very helpful in explaining what I needed and I should have the strings in a couple of weeks. Outstanding customer service. It was a pleasure to speak to him.

splatek

UAEC
What’s SBD?
In shooting a sage, too and would like to milk all the performance I can get out of it.

Dennis

Stands for Silent but Deadly it's just a name of his company. He builds a skinny but very well built string to get the most out of your bow. He will also build it anyway you want.

TIMBERGHOST

I'm the only person I know that still shoots Dacron. I have a long draw length and shoot 55-60 pounds so I don't need the FF performance. I love the soft feel and the quietness of Dacron. I've got a dozen or so spools of it, and I'm cheap so I'll keep shooting it. Having said that, I have some FF I make my wife's strings out of. The extra zip helps her. Those SBD strings Dennis talked about are top shelf.

I have a full 30" draw too so I know where you are coming from. I shoot Dacron B50 - 14 strands for up to 56#@30" bows has served me well. I like the feel of the Dacron shot is all, it may put less stress on the bow over the life of the bow, and it seems easier to tune arrows with a Dacron string to me. Not sure why.