Best thing to plant for wood ducks?

ansonjjj

I have a small pond that I duck hunt, normally just see wood ducks. There is a bout a 3/4 acre section of it that im going to plant here soon. Looking for suggestions on the best thing to plant for wood ducks that also won't cost an arm and a leg.

sportsman94

I could be wrong, but youre pretty limited on what you can plant if you want to shoot them over it this year. I would think millet (maybe only browntop) and buckwheat would be your only options to make good grain before a frost. If youre looking long term, you could plant a mix of oaks. Corn, sorghum, etc need more time to mature than what I would imagine you could get right now.

FOLES55

I know a few guys who usually plant corn every winter for ducks, they say it’s some kind of hydroponic version that grows under water. Supposed to work really well, but they all wear Old sneakers instead of waders for some reason. Strange bunch of dudes who kill a lot of ducks.

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
I know a few guys who usually plant corn every winter for ducks, they say it’s some kind of hydroponic version that grows under water. Supposed to work really well, but they all wear Old sneakers instead of waders for some reason. Strange bunch of dudes who kill a lot of ducks.

I know the same doods !!!

MudDucker

Staff member
Jimmah Crack Corn.