Best/worst bbq in georgia!?!?

KLBTJTALLY1

Mike's Trackside BBQ in Blue Ridge is good. Also like Pink Pig in Cherry Log. If y'all have never had grilled chicken livers, need to get some at Pink Pig they are good, and a garlic salad.

My aunt and uncle live in Cherry Log and are friends with the owners at Pink Pig and regularly eat there and also Mike's near their business Design Refind in Blue Ridge. You may know them George and Anita Palmer? Small world :)

My aunt and uncle live in Cherry Log and are friends with the owners at Pink Pig and regularly eat there and also Mike's near their business Design Refind in Blue Ridge. You may know them George and Anita Palmer? Small world :)
I have a brother that lives outside of Cherry Log. We visit. Always go to the Pink Pig and Mike's when we are up that way

Geffellz18

Best I’ve had up this way in NE GA would be Smokehouse BBQ in Oakwood.
Johnnys here in Gainesville is good for chopped que.
I like Mickey Piggs in the Alto/Baldwin area too. Just a good place for a good meal.
Stonewalls BBQ in Braselton is decent BBQ. It’s already pre sauced which I don’t prefer, but their sides are off the chain good-Loaded potato casserole & bread pudding are must haves! I don’t even care for bread pudding, but have been known to drive out of my way to get a medium size tub of theirs for the wife and I to share. It’s really that good!
Most of its so high now, none of its worth going out to eat for it. I like mine pretty good too, so it usually gets the nod nowadays!

Last edited:

HuntinJake_23

Old Hickory house in tucker is my favorite, Williamson Brothers is good too. I like Sonny’s too cuz I was raised on it. Had Butt Hut in Athens the other day and it was really good.

Shane’s is by far the worst and I can’t believe they’re allowed to call it bbq. Bub-a-q in Woodstock is pretty bad as well.

Honorable mention is Kelly’s Jamaican BBQ in Athens on Lumpkin. The bbq chicken is amazing!! Had the ox tails today and they were great too.

Mauser

The piget in cuthbert before Mr Gene let his son in law run it. But sadly it’s been torn down for 10-12 years

pjciii

I know, I know but if you find yourself passing thru Dillsboro, NC the Haywood smokehouse is really a very good BBQ joint. That was a @NCHillbilly reccomend place for BBQ and it was spot on. Chopped pork really good. Brisket was top notch. Nice and moist. Smoked sausage will wake you up and there NC sauce real good..

If you find yourself passing thru its worth the stop.

RamblinWreck88

Useles Billy ain’t got nothing on ME !
I know, I know but if you find yourself passing thru Dillsboro, NC the Haywood smokehouse is really a very good BBQ joint. That was a @NCHillbilly reccomend place for BBQ and it was spot on. Chopped pork really good. Brisket was top notch. Nice and moist. Smoked sausage will wake you up and there NC sauce real good..

If you find yourself passing thru its worth the stop.
Went to the one in Waynesboro last week. Got the brisket, but the problem I had is that I couldn't try everything at once!

tr21

Blue Ridge BBQ must of changed owners ! we had a jeep trail ride yesterday with some friends from the NW corner of GA and ALA. Being my home area they looked to me and I suggested this place. well wish I would of said somewhere else. It used to have good, not great but good BBQ. thats changed, bbq wasn't even close to what I'd all good, stew tasted like (man I dont really know how to describe it) kinda like it might of been good 2 days ago and they just kept cooking it, not really a burnt flavor more like they had started with 5 gallons and cooked it so long it had reduced to a gallon and tasted nothing like Brunswick stew. now I will say those that had the smoked chicken salad said it was really good and the fried pickles were dang good ! now I am a BBQ connoisseur and try BBQ everywhere I go. up 575/515 area the best I've found is Bigun's BBQ between Jasper and Ellijay otherwise I have go to Pine Mountain for BBQ....

Pig Predator

Useles Billy’s Fishel Hog Killer ?
Papaws trading post bac-yard bbq off nottely dam rd in blairsville is the best I've had in a while.

Oldstick

Some of the responses above remind me of some of the favorite BBQ I remember from many years ago. I have returned to that place where I prefer the pork to have a good smoke but only cooked to say 180 max then chopped up or maybe even sliced. Good dry seasonings on the meat, but wet sauces on the side as desired. If they wanted it ground fine (say for sammiches) they had to actually run it through a grinder as opposed to just using a fork like the common 210 degree pork shoulder you find most places nowadays.

My wife and I even have an agreement every time we use the slow cook crock pot for a roast or something similar. She lets me take out my portion when I think it is ready, then leave the rest to turn into overcooked strands of meat for her liking. :)

Last edited:

Lindseys Grandpa

Blue Ridge BBQ must of changed owners ! we had a jeep trail ride yesterday with some friends from the NW corner of GA and ALA. Being my home area they looked to me and I suggested this place. well wish I would of said somewhere else. It used to have good, not great but good BBQ. thats changed, bbq wasn't even close to what I'd all good, stew tasted like (man I dont really know how to describe it) kinda like it might of been good 2 days ago and they just kept cooking it, not really a burnt flavor more like they had started with 5 gallons and cooked it so long it had reduced to a gallon and tasted nothing like Brunswick stew. now I will say those that had the smoked chicken salad said it was really good and the fried pickles were dang good ! now I am a BBQ connoisseur and try BBQ everywhere I go. up 575/515 area the best I've found is Bigun's BBQ between Jasper and Ellijay otherwise I have go to Pine Mountain for BBQ....
Bigun's pretty good . I love their pepper sauce talked them into selling me some .

Concrete Pete

City BBQ is pretty good if you’re near Sandy Springs.

nkbigdog

I've live on top of Fort Mountain and go to Bigun's BBQ in Talking Rock..Dang good Q