Best/worst bbq in georgia!?!?

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Best stew by far is at Good Hope General store in Good Hope Ga. It’s meaty not liquid. Just right. $10 a qt.

I have found that folks down in east central Ga like a really liquid stew with a strong tomatoe taste. Examples are Holcombs and Heavy’s.

Swamprat

Swamprat
Ware's BBQ in Swainsboro. Will be a line out the door on Saturdays and if the meat is gone it is gone for the day.

Generally will get a couple pulled pork sammichs and a brisket potato. Good stuff.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
I wouldn,t waste my money going to Big Daddys BBQ in Grayson.Ribs / pork was ok...at best.....the sides were awful......I will go back to Foggy Bottom in Loganville.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Best stew by far is at Good Hope General store in Good Hope Ga. It’s meaty not liquid. Just right. $10 a qt.

I have found that folks down in east central Ga like a really liquid stew with a strong tomatoe taste. Examples are Holcombs and Heavy’s.
I will agree with this post. We had some of the stew from the GH Gen. store the other night and it was mighty fine!!!

pjciii

have not tried Big Daddys in grayson yet. thanks for heads up on it..my go to is foggy bottom in loganville. BBQ chicken nachos are very good..and the nanner pudding is just right to top off a platter of chopped Q.
patrick

patrick

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
have not tried Big Daddys in grayson yet. thanks for heads up on it..my go to is foggy bottom in loganville. BBQ chicken nachos are very good..and the nanner pudding is just right to top off a platter of chopped Q.
patrick

patrick
Stick with what you know.I don,t expect them to be there very long after the new wears off.

Tom W.

We tried one north of Pat's backwater grill, pretty close to the interstate. We had to wait quite a while to be seated. We weren't impressed.......

Swamp Monkey

Woodstack BBQ in Valdosta will change your life!!! It's the best BBQ I've ever had.

killerv

I would like to say I ate at Fresh Air in Jackson for the first time recently, it wasn't near as good as its Macon counterpart. Macon sauce and stew just has a little more kick and flavor to it. The chopped stuff was mushy too in Jackson. The atmosphere was cooler though.

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
Found another good stew. They closed the GH store down a few weeks due to the virus. H22 found some good stew at The Iron Pig in Jefferson. H22 doesn't buy BBQ meat cause we like his homemade just fine, but I have had the iron pig BBQ with my Diddi and it's good too.

hawkeye123

Best- Deans in Jonesboro. Fox Bros in Atl..Southern Soul in St Simons.. Fat Macs in Atl
Worst- Sprayberrys in Newnan (banana pudding is superb , sauce is horrible), Fresh Air although stew is decent, sauce terrible, chopped pork mushy

DBM78

Best- Deans in Jonesboro. Fox Bros in Atl..Southern Soul in St Simons.. Fat Macs in Atl
Worst- Sprayberrys in Newnan (banana pudding is superb , sauce is horrible), Fresh Air although stew is decent, sauce terrible, chopped pork mushy

Dean's burned down and has been closed for years.

hawkeye123

Grew up going there after hunting & fishing . Don't go around Clayton co. much these days..thanks, was one of the best

nickel back

Mel's BBQ in Milner....

and if you like wings, they are good also... 10 wings for $6... 20 wings for $11

Lindseys Grandpa

I actually like sprayberry's sauce because i love vinegar. It will almost take your breathe away. Many years ago they had good bbq when they cooked it on the old outside pit . When i was working graveyard shift i would see the original owner in his 70's there 4:00 morning putting the meat on.