Best/worst bbq in georgia!?!?

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Georgia Bob’s in Macon is pretty rough.

Carroll’s in Blue Ridge is good. We were up there last weekend and that was my second time eating there. The meat is excellent. I’ve only tried one of their sauces. It’s good but just good. I don’t know about the others. My sides were alright. Watching my nephew skeet ketchup into his baked beans made mine less enjoyable.

tr21

Georgia Bob’s in Macon is pretty rough.

Carroll’s in Blue Ridge is good. We were up there last weekend and that was my second time eating there. The meat is excellent. I’ve only tried one of their sauces. It’s good but just good. I don’t know about the others. My sides were alright. Watching my nephew skeet ketchup into his baked beans made mine less enjoyable.
try the mac & cheese at carroll's the best i've ever had.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
try the mac & cheese at carroll's the best i've ever had.
I did. It was alright. Not bad but nothing special. Part of that has to do with how spoiled I am on macaroni and cheese. Mrs Danuwoa makes home made macaroni and cheese that will make you slap your granny.

Oldstick

You need to try Fresh Air in Athens, Bogart or Jackson. They will be first on your "worst pork" list.

Their pork tastes like it was put in a steamer raw and steamed with vinegar. Zero smoked flavor, zero bark. Just nasty wet meat.

Not arguing, because everyone has different tastes and likes. But someone brought some FA BBQ from Jackson to a family get together this past Saturday. It was some of the best I ever tasted. This was finely chopped vs just "pulled" and it was not premixed with any sauce. Don't remember if this the standard way they serve it or not. I did sample a little of the sauce that came with it and it just right vinegar wise, except it was too salty for my taste. But the meat was perfect.

baddave

I've never had bbq I didn't like but then again I've never been accused of being a picky eater

Oldstick

If it ain't smokey and barky I'd just as soon eat pork roast.

This had all the bark, the smoke rings and all the rest chopped up into tiny pieces and mixed all together. I've seen a lot of places where you have to be a special customer or pay extra to get meat-only without sauce already in it.

brownceluse

My favorite right now is Norris BBQ in Warrenton. They’re only opened Friday and Saturday. Best Brunswick stew (beside mine). You need call ahead because they run out quick sometimes.

White Horse

Carrols in Blue Ridge is the best I have had in a while. Fantastic cobbler too!

Old Country Place in Canton is not too bad, but pricey.

My father in law does great que. He has three different smokers, and does the best brisket I have had anywhere.

Richf7

The ribs at Four 41 South BBQ in Canton are the best I‘ve ever had.

bilgerat

Senior
i stopped by Moodys texas bbq in Flowery Branch Ga. Tried their brisket and I must say it was just.... OK. nuttin special, I asked what kind of wood they smoked with and they said oak, When I left I circled around the building and saw 0 sticks of wood Not sure but they must use a pellet machine or maybe they were just out of wood :unsure:
I dont know but for the price I wont be going back for just "OK" brisket

pbradley

Not arguing, because everyone has different tastes and likes. But someone brought some FA BBQ from Jackson to a family get together this past Saturday. It was some of the best I ever tasted. This was finely chopped vs just "pulled" and it was not premixed with any sauce. Don't remember if this the standard way they serve it or not. I did sample a little of the sauce that came with it and it just right vinegar wise, except it was too salty for my taste. But the meat was perfect.

I like Fresh Air. My wife says it is too salty.