Bibb Co may prohibit hunting within 1000 yards of a house

Waddams

For certain areas, I can see the concern. All it takes one guy not being aware of what's in his shot path (either a moron or a good hunter that makes a one time mistake).

1000 yards is too much though. I could see lengthening it or setting some distance that if you're within it, you gotta be 15' up a tree to keep a downward trajectory with a rifle. If I were closer to a residence or neighborhood, I'd likely be up high anyway even if not required.

ddavis1120

If it passes it will be the next Fulton County as far as quality hunting goes.

1,000 yards as the crow flies is a long way much less another 1,000 in the opposite direction.

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Y'all Bibb County folks better show up and raise some cane.

bobocat

i must of missed the report of there being a real issue other than some liberal being upset someone hunting near them with loud guns.

It's the wealthy folks of lake TOBO. They don't want any hunting around the lake. In my opinion, a bad mistake. Them folks are going to tear up their car on some deer in their neighborhoods. And the deer are going to eat everything they plant.

Unless somebody's house has holes in it, or their dogs are being shot, I don't see a spat that will change game laws.

Bibb county used to be shotgun only many years ago, they might go back to that in certain areas.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm pretty sure WRD is going to have something to say about this.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
An understanding of ballistics is absent in these arguments. But that’s not a surprise. This is not a safety issue.

lampern

If safety is an issue, outlaw everything. It's for the chirrens, you know. Bows and arrows can kill deer so they can kill chirrens too, just like center fire rifles.

Except Georgia already has several counties with bow only hunting or firearms discharge restrictions

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
de facto rifle hunting ban

lampern

I looked and that only applies to deer hunting.

Rifles seem to be legal for other species in those counties.

My apologies