Bidet

Lilly001

Anyone have/use one.
The wife wants one that attaches to the toilet seat and toilet water supply.
No heat.
Helotushy is the brand.
Thoughts or advice welcome.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Toilet paper is very American, the trend has migrated but nearly every overseas hotel bathroom is fitted with some form of bidet.

Lilly001

My thoughts:

It would be cold.

So your main take is it would be cold.
Nothing in Fl is cold. Especially in the summer.

I'm not an advocate but the wife wants to try it.
This one attaches to the seat bolts and tank water supply so if it don't work out I can take it off.

Lilly001

Toilet paper is very American, the trend has migrated but nearly every overseas hotel bathroom is fitted with some form of bidet.
Yea.
My wife sees these thing on TV and the computer and thinks we should try them.
That's why we have about every counter top appliance know to man, and most of them are re boxed and in the garage.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Cleaning the device is something to think about.

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
If it’s the bolt on mod cleaning won’t be anymore a chore than usual.

I think it would have entertainment value. Direct friends to the master bath, soon or later someone will get curious about that button. When those two water jets hit unexpected you’ll probably hear them back at the dinner table.

shdw633

I am to understand from those who have the attachable one, that you end up using just as much TP drying your rear off as you would if you just used the TP and cleaning them is not fun either.....from what I have read.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Folks, remember that this is the on-topic forum. For serious questions. It's not a forum to list synonyms for your hindermost orifice, or for joking about the same.

Artfuldodger

My daughter bought this one which is Luxe brand. Hers has a Feminine wash as well. I bought one and it didn't have the feminine wash. She said she quit using that selection because it squirted under the toilet seat and wet her clothes.

I did like having a brass tee instead of a plastic tee. The one your wife wants said it had an nozzle angle adjustment. That would be a plus as I have to scoot forward a half inch on mine to hit correctly.

https://www.amazon.com/Bidet-Non-El...BrA&hsa_cr_id=4405815550201&ref_=sb_s_sparkle

Artfuldodger

I usually wipe first and then uses the water. It doesn't seem cold even in the winter. I can't tell I use any more paper to dry with.

Also it's not much more of a chore to clean. The part under the seat bolts may be a littler harder to clean.

Also I didn't have to put different toilet seat bumpers on the front of the toilet. Instructions said they may be necessary to level the seat.

I can't see it replacing toilet paper completely, just helps in cleaning.

Israel

BANNED
Funny stuff. Bought one about 1 1/2 weeks ago, easy install, works great, does what it's supposed to, (got the Luxe with the shield to keep nozzles clean) also has self cleaning feature.
Obviously can't speak to its life span with all the minerals and stuff I got in my well water...but the darn thing's stream acts like it's laser guided. Also has woman's setting to shoot a little farther forward.

Got the Luxe 185 off Amazon. (the one Art's Daughter bought)

I end up using 1/3 amount of TP, just a wipe to dry, (which is always clean when checked)

TMI?

PS: I also thought if it wasn't heated it would be an issue. It is not, at all.

Now a nice addition, to do away with any need for paper is duct taping one of my wife's blow dryers on warm setting...

Last edited:

Beagles N Boykins

I jumped on Amazon and picked up the Luxe 120 Bidet. All I will say is it’s life changing and one of the best investments I have ever made. It is a little cold and make sure you have your water pressure under control but I’m telling you it’s the best thing ever.

Elkbane

Installed one for my father who is mobility impaired. I hooked up both hot and cold water, with an adapter the manufacturer supplied. It has worked as intended since last September for a 300#+ man under daily use on only one bathroom, so I guess that's a good test.
Elkbane

swamp hunter

And this is why Wet Wipes work so much better than TP.
Your just smearing stuff around with dry TP.
Wet..your wiping it off.