Big Cotton Indian Creek - Henry County

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic shot!

Booger2

That’s a beautiful shot. When I lived in Henry County, I lived on the Big Cotton Indian creek. Where exactly is this? I lived in Crown River off Airline Road. I did a lot of fishing and kayaking in that river. Beautiful creek
I took the photos from the bridge on Airline looking upstream.

Gon2lake

I took the photos from the bridge on Airline looking upstream.
That’s awesome. I lived just downstream from that. I kayaked that portion of the river many times. I would put in on Crumbley Road and take out at Highway 20. Many beautiful places on that stretch of the creek

Gon2lake

I caught a good many fish wading it 40 or so years ago. Beatle spin would haul them in.
Yep. Tons of nice fish in that stretch of the creek. I have caught some nice bass and they fight like crazy in that current. Do you still live in that area?

B. White

Yep. Tons of nice fish in that stretch of the creek. I have caught some nice bass and they fight like crazy in that current. Do you still live in that area?

I'm still in the north end of the county, but working a plan to leave it behind. I haven't fished it in many, many years. A beatle spin and a mesh onion bag to put them in when you caught them would bring home supper. Nothing like wading a creek with schools of bass swimming by you every few mins.

Gon2lake

I'm still in the north end of the county, but working a plan to leave it behind. I haven't fished it in many, many years. A beatle spin and a mesh onion bag to put them in when you caught them would bring home supper. Nothing like wading a creek with schools of bass swimming by you every few mins.
I do miss fishing that place. I was born and raised in Kelleytown but moved to Peachtree City two years ago. It was a great place to grow up but it was time to go. My daughter was beginning school and I wanted to move for the schools. Good luck and get out there again.