Billy Napier ESPN

MCBUCK

Fantastic read about a great young man and a great family. My kids went to school w Billy, my son played for HS ball his dad right after Billy graduated HS; his dad was an incredible coach while at Murray county. My son even played against Billy while Billy was at Furman and my son was at App State. Went to church w his parents for quite a few years at FBC Chatsworth. Bill is a legend in Murray county and was a phenomenal man, coach and mentor. This family is one of the finest families you could ever meet. One of his sons, Matt, is coach at Lagrange HS and the other son,Kurt, is coaching middle school in Chatsworth. His daughter, a phenomenal person I her own right ...she works in design if I’m not mistaken. They’ve all had such an impact on the football program, school, and community. He may never have know. It, but he even had an impact on me while my son was playing and I was president of the booster club. We paid attention to him.
After his diagnosis w ALS, coach Napier, made it a point every day to send out a motivational devotion based on his solid christian faith and I don’t think he missed a day until his death. He was still coaching even months into his diagnosis, and the state even allowed him to call plays from a special man lift placed in the end zone; stairs into a press were not an option. Billy is like his father and has a plan, a blueprint for life and not just football....football is just the tool just the tool he uses.

https://www.espn.com/college-footba...VUEtFOoQtjuwA8ld4btNcSD3imfc4pqQzNU4wm-VYBdns

MCBUCK

Seems to be a class act. Any man that stands strong for the faith unashamed is definitely a man.

Coach Napier ( Bill ) amd his sons ...all three are class acts. Billy is just like his dad, except on a bigger stage.