Billy Strings, Mandolin Orange, Del McCoury Band- Bluegrass is the best genre in music right now.

Shadow11

Billy Strings is a legend in the making. He came up under Doc Watson. Pull him up on you tube and watch “ Dust in a baggie”. The one performed in the basement of a residence. It has a couple light 4 letter words or I would post it here. He can work magic on a guitar.
The first time I heard of him was when I stumbled across that video in the basement. I knew right away that the guy was special. Fast forward 2 or 3 years, and he's playing side by side with the greatest acoustic guitar player in the world, Tommy Emanuel

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Don't leave out the dobro!

This album hasn't been published in a long, long time and I'm lucky to have a copy of it. It's Mike Auldridge at his best.

This is a cover of a Jim Croce tune and Mike only gets a half break but it's enough to showcase him.

Link: Charleston, SC Post And Courier newspaper

But it seems Cola Concerts is confident the spring will go smoother.
Shows resume April 1-4, as Billy Strings comes to town for a four-night stand.
The guitarist and multi-instrumentalist has been on the rise the past few years, as his dexterous skill for bluegrass-style picking and his knack for incorporating it into widescreen, psychedelic-leaning arrangements have won over modern folk fans and jam band heads alike.
His latest album, 2019’s “Home,” debuted at No. 1 on Billboard’s Bluegrass Albums chart, where it has remained for 73 weeks and currently sits at No. 3.
Strings’ shows in Columbia will follow a three-date March run in St. Augustine, Fla., his first concerts for a live audience since the COVID-19 pandemic began.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Billy Strings is my favorite flatpicker since Tony Rice. The boy can play.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This fellow specializes in primitive instruments and song. Copper Hill, TN.
Creative and a bit spooky.
Clifton is really talented, for sure. He is actually a member on here. He used to post a good bit, but I haven't seen him post in awhile.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I like the spoon lady. No teeth, but ain't worried about it one bit.

I guess I can see the appeal of her spoon playing, but everybody overlooks that 98% of the talent in that video isn't Abby, it's Chris Rodrigues. He is a very talented multi-instrumentalist and a good singer, but everybody gushes about her and completely ignores him. Listen to her without him playing, then listen to him without her playing, and see which one is more impressive. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
This album hasn't been published in a long, long time and I'm lucky to have a copy of it. It's Mike Auldridge at his best.

This is a cover of a Jim Croce tune and Mike only gets a half break but it's enough to showcase him.

Mike Auldridge is my favorite dobro player of all time. He was a protoge of Josh Graves, who played with Flatt and Scruggs. I first started listening to Mike way back in the day when he was playing with the early versions of the Seldom Scene. I used to have a vinyl copy of Mike's old "Blues and Bluegrass" album, but I don't know what happened to it over the years.

Flash

Actually I Am QAnon

Heard a good bit of Seldom Scene but never ran across this, love it.