Binocular recommendations.

BCR840

I’m in search of a new pair of binoculars. Looking for a mid size to wear into stand and while stalking. Would like them to be great quality with clear glass. Willing to spend between $150-275 if need be.

paulito

My inlaws bought me a pair a few years ago. Bushnells i believe. they have a nation autobon society stamp (????) on them for bird watchers. I love them. very clear.

Long story short, bird watchers seem to know good set of binos. Id go looking here for recommendations if i ever need another pair.

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
Ive had a pair of Nikon Monarch 8x42 binos for years.

If something happened to them today id replace them with the same. I have 10 x 42 binos for out west. For the thick Ga. woods. There to big, heavy & field of view to narrow. Now if you hunt alot of big ag fields. Id get 10 x 42.

Bobby Bigtime

Check out Meade I am on my second set (lost the first) they are well within your price range. And glass quality is great. Much better than the price point. You won't be disappointed. Outfitter friends that use superglass were impressed.

Foster

I have the Celestrons recommended by the Cornell Department of Ornithology for around $100 and I cant tell the difference from my Vortex Diamondbacks. I would be disappointed if I had paid full price for the Diamondbacks and they are great. There may be some advantage to the Diamondbacks I am not aware of yet or am too dumb to notice but the glass and build seems to be of equal quality. The Diamondback had a nicer storage case and is camo vs. green.

CroMagnum

I have these Celestrons as well in 10x42 and they are a great value. Like others stated, they were recommended to me from folks heavily into bird watching. Even found mine in Mossy Oak Bottomland camo

Foster

I have these Celestrons as well in 10x42 and they are a great value. Like others stated, they were recommended to me from folks heavily into bird watching. Even found mine in Mossy Oak Bottomland camo
I would think the bird watchers use their binos much more than an eastern US deer hunter. Unless you are in an enclosed blind you are often better off holding still and using your eyes.

Jack Flynn

Get yourself a pair of Leupold Alpine BX 2 binoculars. By far best in class by a long shot. Reminds me of the original Zeiss Conquest bino's.

Dusty Roads

Their's alot of good afforables these days but make sure you get the zoom and try it out in a store....some cheap zooms you need to readjust focus
I like my 30 year old Nikon

LTFDretired

I have gone thru several brands over the years and now I have Swarvoski. Expensive. Past binos I had over the years May have added up to one Swarvoski. Clarity is awesome.

Attachments

• 7E7DFF02-1C16-4032-A17F-27636923BBA7.jpeg
    7E7DFF02-1C16-4032-A17F-27636923BBA7.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 29

Robust Redhorse

So far, I have found that you get what you pay for in this realm.

I've paid more than I wanted to for Zeiss, Steiner, Leica and Leopold. But I'm finally satisfied with what I have.

Several years ago, an elk guide in New Mexico demonstrated that I wasted $200 on a pair of Blausch & Lomb binoculars when he could see much better with his German military surplus 8X than I could with "American" branded 12X.

Quality of optics made all the difference.

Last edited: