Bird's Head Grip

Newt2

I've always admired the bird's head grip guns. I like the 32 magnum so I purchased the Heritage 32. Unfortunately it turned out to be a 7-7-7 gun, 7 inch group, 7 inches to the right at 7 yards. Traded it off immediately. I'vr recently become interested in the Ruger Single Seven with the bird's head grip. Anyone had experience with this gun? I think it would be a good home defense weapon.

fauxferret

I never personally owned a single seven, but it being chambered in 327 FED Mag is awesome. It gives you the versatility to use 4 different chamberings of ammunition. You can fire full bore 327/ 32 H&R Mag/ 32 S&W short and 32 S&W Long. I will also say I have shot 32 ACP out of a 327 Fed Mag probably not recommended but it is a semi rimmed cartridge so I took the if it fits it ships approach. I will also say I've dealt with Rugers customer service and they are always top notch. You won't be disappointed they build those revolvers like a tank. I personally have the Vaquero in 45 ACP with a birds head and it is the funnest wheel gun I own. I would suggest getting one with adjustable sights if accuracy is your priority but I don't think that is an option on the birds head.