Black Coyote or dog?

Stroker

Killed this one Saturday in Talbot county.1221191302-2.jpg

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
I think the black ones make the best pets, but Kinnie is partial to the gray ones.

He always has be contrary.

twtabb

This might answer questions

Attachments

• AE2DA95D-3DDE-40A5-ABD5-FC632A03AF54.png
    AE2DA95D-3DDE-40A5-ABD5-FC632A03AF54.png
    463.8 KB · Views: 61

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Those are some great videos Anthony!

Anthony61

BANNED
I saw some unwanted excretions the carpet. I think one or both of these critters are "outside" pets.

Last edited:

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
Healthy sized yote for sure and certain.

Interestingly ones in my area run a little greater than 50/50 in favor of the black coloration. Had a litter running around last year with 3 black pups to 1 tan pup.

Here are a few of the video captures I've made to date.

Melanism is not common in Coyotes at all. However, black coloration is rather common in wolves. You got a black coyote, I will bet you its DNA has some wolf and possibly a trace of domestic dog DNA. Having trapped yotes out west, where they come from, never saw or heard of any black yotes...only back east. Black phase red wolves were not uncommon, so common in fact, the 18th century naturalist has these black canines named after him, Bartram's Wolf and these were here back in the 18th century...long before the first yote was ever heard of in the
southeast.

redneck_billcollector

Purveyor Of Fine Spirits
We used to see and/or kill black ones fairly regularly on our farm but we haven't seen one in several years now. They almost always have a white chest. I've never caught a black one in a foothold but I've always wanted to.
The white chest patch is a signature characteristic of a Bartram's Wolf.