Blackhawk grip frame

mrb

I recently bought a 45 colt with the extra acp cylinder. My hand needs a longer frame. Barely can get my ring finger on the bottom of it. Has anyone replaced the frame with a dragoon grip frame or tried extended grip panels? I'm new here and don't know if this is where I need to post it. Thanks guys for any help.

Last edited:

Anvil Head

I made a second set of grips from walnut (about 40 years ago) that gave me about 1/2" with custom fitted finger grooves. Still shoots where I aim even today. I have small hands but still liked a little more length in the butt section. Greatly improved my shoot-ability with the BH. Never shot the Ruger "dragoon" so don't know how it'd feel, but usually with extended handle length comes thicker grips, which would not work for me. I'd probably be fitting up some customs for it as well.

mrb

Ruger and Midway have the dragoon grip frames raw and unfinished. I would like to find one that was already blued and ready to go. Used or new. I don't think the bh strut and spring would work in a sbh , or would it?

fishfryer

frying fish driveler
Blackhawk,Super Blackhawk,and Old Army gripframes are interchangeable.

aabradley82

EVer shot the bisley frame? I always liked it better. The Ruger bisley was great. Couldn’t even hold the colt/Uberti