Blackstone cookin and Recipes

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Here ya go!

WaltL1

Anybody have any experience good/bad/indifferent with the 17" Table Top griddle?
Looks like it would be perfect for camping at the lake.
Would only be feeding a couple folks and mainly used for breakfasts (bacon/eggs/pancakes etc) and sure looks easier than multiple dirty frying pans etc.
https://www.blackstoneproducts.com/product/17-table-top-griddle/

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody have any experience good/bad/indifferent with the 17" Table Top griddle?
Would only be feeding a couple folks and mainly used for breakfasts (bacon/eggs/pancakes etc) and sure looks easier than multiple dirty frying pans etc.

My buddy has one, and it works good. You just lose the main draw of the Blackstone: a real big cooking surface. My 36" isn't hard at all to load up and take camping, I do it pretty often. The lil one is good as long as you're not feeding many folks.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !

Walmart has them on sale for $71 right now.. I've hinted to the wife on multiple occasions so she won't be surprised when I come home with one.. :D

Reactions: Dub

creekrunner

I have a 17” I bought first, but wound up getting a 36”. It’s just my wife and I mostly but the large surface and 4 zones makes it real nice. The 17 I’ll take camping.
I’ve cooked for 6 on the 17” and it beats frying pans but can do much quicker and easier on the 36”

WaltL1

Thanks guys for the quick responses!
I think the 17" will do the trick for what I'm looking for especially at that sale price.
And if it doesn't, its sure not going to hurt my feelings if I end up with both :bounce:

Studawg170

I will have to post a pic later but this has become a goto with steaks

Griddled Green Beans

Couple of packs of fresh green beans (snip both ends off)

Cook in olive oil on medium heat ....season with steak seasoning

Cover with dome until they start getting soft then hit them with some butter

Dang Good

pikehunter

Man, I will have to try that, sounds like those would be great with some taters on the 'Stone..

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
So how does everybody do their shrimp fried rice?

I precook the rice and chill it in the fridge. Then put some butter on the griddle and dump it on there. Dump an egg on there and scramble it and mix it in. Cook the shrimp and whatever else you want squirt a lemon on them, mix it in with the rice, add some soy sauce, black pepper, and whatever other seasonings you want. Very simple and quick, but good.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I precook the rice and chill it in the fridge. Then put some butter on the griddle and dump it on there. Dump an egg on there and scramble it and mix it in. Cook the shrimp and whatever else you want squirt a lemon on them, mix it in with the rice, add some soy sauce, black pepper, and whatever other seasonings you want. Very simple and quick, but good.

Pretty much this^. I like to get the veggies about done before I put the rice on. Then fry your egg and fold it in while your skrimps are working.

Kwaksmoka

Just over a week and used it 7 out of 9 days! Definitely need to expand my horizon, kept it simple, burger, tacos, breakfast couple other simple meals! Just Can’t get over how easy it is to clean up and no mess inside!

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy

I have the 17 we carry camping. I am cooking for 5 on it. You can cook 7 hamburgers on it, a couple packs of hotdogs, 4 nice size pancakes, or about 1/2 a pack of bacon. It is easy to clean, and I bought the carrying bag for it too. Nice to keep everything together and protected

Reactions: Dub

Kwaksmoka

Breakfast this morning, pancakes for my daughters, BEC sandy for me! Show me what ya cooking, need some ideas!

Attachments

• B7FB9C78-822D-41D6-A43A-0685476BAF87.jpeg
    B7FB9C78-822D-41D6-A43A-0685476BAF87.jpeg
    109.4 KB · Views: 128
  • 96538EC6-D829-4B2A-9505-B72BDA454CD1.jpeg
    96538EC6-D829-4B2A-9505-B72BDA454CD1.jpeg
    125.1 KB · Views: 135
  • B76C6777-58EB-41F2-B314-710636F970EE.jpeg
    B76C6777-58EB-41F2-B314-710636F970EE.jpeg
    144.7 KB · Views: 128