Blackstone cookin and Recipes

nkbigdog

My 22 inch is on the way, Bride and I don't eat much and now due to health, don't intertain a groups like we used to. 22 will be more than enough for some company, I am wondering if with the lid I ordered, is it possible to make some wood smoke, to add addition flavor? might try some wet some hickory chips in a small tray in the corner, with the top down.

pikehunter

My 22 inch is on the way, Bride and I don't eat much and now due to health, don't intertain a groups like we used to. 22 will be more than enough for some company, I am wondering if with the lid I ordered, is it possible to make some wood smoke, to add addition flavor? might try some wet some hickory chips in a small tray in the corner, with the top down.

Never considered this but its worth a shot I guess. I am not familiar with the lid on the 22in model. I guess I'd make sure it is build to handle the temps. I have seen folks on videos use throw-away aluminum pans on the Blackstone to build heat. This may be an option for adding smoke as well..Again, not sure.
Congrats on the purchase.

nkbigdog

specialk

Thanks guys for the quick responses!
I think the 17" will do the trick for what I'm looking for especially at that sale price.
And if it doesn't, its sure not going to hurt my feelings if I end up with both :bounce:

I got the 22incher.....love it...i can use the big tank.....or small one....we take it tailgating....

Head East

Love this thread! Camping out to the lake. Momnem got me one for my birthday. 22” adventure. Still playing around with it, but love it. Steak and skrimps, mixed veggies and asparagus with butter and garlic. Mercy. Have to figure out how to re-edit pictures for size.

Breakfast, I tried the hash browns with onions, lots of butter. Ova ez eggs and toast. We also did some French toast with powdered sugar, syrup and nanners. Good as good gets!

Thanks for some of these ideas!

tr21

bought a 36inch 2 weeks ago and love it. cooked breakfast , with pancakes, steaks and smash burgers on it so far. its great to cook on, I normally cook burgers and steaks on a oak fire but I see me leaving my camp grill home come turkey season and taking this

nkbigdog

Took the lid off to season my 22 inch and finally finished. The Blackstone is seasoned and I am whipped. Had to deal with two critters also raiding the Blueberry BushGriddle seasoned.jpgCompany coons.jpg

660griz

Got my 36" about a month ago. Not sure how I made it this long without one. I may never grill again. Wife loves it because now, I cook, and there is far less dishes messed up. Doing steak and hash browns tonight. Can't wait to get it to the club for deer season.

Da Possum

Campfire Helper
How much does the 36' weigh? How difficult is it to load and unload from the truck?

pikehunter

130lbs or so I'd guess so a pair of hand trucks or a buddy is helpful. The box is a little bulky but once its set up in place you are good to go.

tr21

you can take the griddle top off and its not too bad. i'm taking mine camping with me next turkey season. the camp grill will be left behind from now on

Head East

Cowboys n spuds

Head East

Spuds n vidalia onions in butter and cavendars.

Head East

Dinner is served!

tr21

yea boy, them good lookin vital's right there. maybe put some tony's on them tatters and onions.:rockon:

Head East

yea boy, them good lookin vital's right there. maybe put some tony's on them tatters and onions.:rockon:

I’ll have to look up tony’s , can’t say I know what it is. Thx for the tip!