Blackstone cookin and Recipes

tr21

it's Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning. I use it on about everything. steaks, burgers, chicken, tatters and onions. It's in a green shaker can, normally in the spice section of store's. good stuff

cjones

If y'all don't have the pancake dropper thingy, get one. It's a whole lot easier than trying to spoon or cup pancakes out. Did some pancakes, bacon, eggs, and sausage at the lake this weekend.

48672210506_01f57ded12_c.jpg

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Nuttin but a propaned fueled griddle. I just don't get it ??

HermanMerman

Cooking a blackstone breakfast outside in my tighty whiteys in the winter just feels like the right thing to do.

Hibachi style chicken and rice, and burgers for a crowd make it convenient too. Other than that, I don't fire mine up very often. Everything else is better on the grill, but I'm sure there are more experienced folk here that can utilize one better than me.

Head East

What are y’all using for oil? I have been using crisco and lard. Sometimes I think I get the griddle too hot, especially for meat. Thinking I need to slow my roll some.

tr21

What are y’all using for oil? I have been using crisco and lard. Sometimes I think I get the griddle too hot, especially for meat. Thinking I need to slow my roll some.
I used flax seed oil to season it, and use olive oil to cook with

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Vegetable or olive oil. Crisco is the deal to season it to begin with.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It's a big propane-fueled griddle that you can cook a bunch of delicious stuff on at one time. What's not to get?

Head East

It's a big propane-fueled griddle that you can cook a bunch of delicious stuff on at one time. What's not to get?

It is! There is plenty of room on the flat top and it seems easier for a lot of other options. I do have a griddle that I used on the fire pit, but the cleanup is a good bit more than using the Blackstone.

Head East

Vegetable or olive oil. Crisco is the deal to season it to begin with.
Thanks NC. I did use crisco on the seasoning. I have not tried olive oil.

Kwaksmoka

Anybody tried anything new lately? I've been doing the hibachi, burgers, tacos and of course breakfast! Very thankful to be able to use it outside and have such an easy cleanup! Where have you gotten your lids? for those of you who have one, i have a 36 and want to get a hard top for it, TIA

Patriot44

Banned
Will a Blackstone get hot enough for reverse searing a steak? Bouncing back and forth between griddle on the Akorn or using the Blackstone.

Thanks for any heads up.

Stonewall 2

BG77

In the club!!!! Walked into Wal Mart today and they had a new (rear grease trap) 36” already assembled. I’m guessing it was mislabeled because I bought it for $184!!!!!! I’m so excited