Blackstone Griddle

Hoss

The make a 22'' adventure ready, thats the one I got, came with hardcover, stand with side table, propane hookup. $175 @ walmart.

I like having two burners so I can move food over to a cooler side if need be.

I bought a $8 adapter off ebay where I can refill my green bottles from a 20gallon tank.

That’s the o e we got after figuring out the 1 burner 17” wasn’t what we wanted. Big enough to do some serious cooking, but small enough to take camping. We bought a hose an connections to hook it up to the propane on our camper. Works great.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
The make a 22'' adventure ready, thats the one I got, came with hardcover, stand with side table, propane hookup. $175 @ walmart.

I like having two burners so I can move food over to a cooler side if need be.

I bought a $8 adapter off ebay where I can refill my green bottles from a 20gallon tank.
I did not know they made an adapter to refill the green bottles. You just changed my life

killerv

I did not know they made an adapter to refill the green bottles. You just changed my life

What I read to do and what I've been doing, take your empty green bottles and put them in the freezer for a little bit, leave your 20lb tank in the sun. Screw the bottles to the adapter and turn 20gal tank upside down with the green bottle at the bottom. Then open up the tank. Something about going from a warm to a cold tank quickens it. Takes about 5 minutes to fill one and you dont have to worry about over filling.

Called a "US QCC1 Regulator Valve Propane Refill Adapter LP Gas 1 LB Cylinder Tank Coupler " on ebay

YPi5QUO.jpg

Last edited:

paulito

The inlaws just bought me the 30 incher for xmas. There was some issue with shipping and what not so........i had to go pick it up yesterday. Looks like i'll be cooking on it this weekend. Sometime UPS mix ups DO work out in your favor. HA

bnew17

Blackstones are great but they are an absolute pain to keep clean if you don’t cook on them all the time.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Blackstones are great but they are an absolute pain to keep clean if you don’t cook on them all the time.
Mine never has been. Just oil it down and put the cover on. Never had a speck of rust on it in about seven or eight years.

bnew17

Mine never has been. Just oil it down and put the cover on. Never had a speck of rust on it in about seven or eight years.

I oiled my down 3-4 months ago when i last used it. Has had a cover on it the entire time. I have a function tmrw i have to cook at. I’m curious what it looks like when i take the cover off later tonight. Will report back.

660griz

I have the 36" and the 22" for camping. All accessories mentioned are good. I have the hard cover, a magnetic grilling light, magnetic paper towel holder, (stock in paper towels) :), the Blackstone kit with bottles, spatulas, scraper and the aluminum drip tray liners. Also, I recommend some 'warming' racks. These come in handy for keeping things warm while other stuff finishes Oh, and some food covers for steaming stuff on the griddle. Works great. Oh, and some egg rings. I love the egg rings for making 'mc'muffins. Oh, and a press. I think that covers it. :) I don't use the little bottles of propane. 20lb'ers only.

As NCHillbilly mentions, put a good coat of oil on after every cook. No rust in 3 years.

With the griddle and my RecTec Smoker, I haven't 'grilled' in a very long time. Gave my grill away.

Last edited:

Jeetdawg

I can say that it’s been a great investment so far. Between cooking bacon/eggs/hash browns for breakfasts, cheesesteaks and smash burgers, we keep it well used. Wife loves it because I don’t stink up the house cooking and cleanup isn’t bad at all. With three teenage boys, we use all 36” of the griddle.

mrskinner82

My wife likes ours for that same reason. I can cook everything outside at once and not mess up the kitchen. The kids love fajitas and hibachi. You will have a good time with it. Get the boys out there with you. my kids love helping out.

greg_n_clayton

I oiled my down 3-4 months ago when i last used it. Has had a cover on it the entire time. I have a function tmrw i have to cook at. I’m curious what it looks like when i take the cover off later tonight. Will report back.
What did it look like after being stored covered and not used that long ?

C.Killmaster

Georgia Deer Biologist
The only time I've had trouble with mine was it not getting cleaned well after cooking bacon. Bacon grease alone will not protect it due to the salt content. The salt attracts moisture and it will start to rust.