Blind for Hang on Stand?

Slewfoot

Has anyone seen or used a commercial made blind or kit for a hang on? I have used limbs through the years but would like to try something if it is out there. Thanks

Slewfoot

In looking around further....not seeing anything. I am thinking it is considered by some to be dangerous and just not well suited for Lock on type stands. Guess I will go with some well distributed branches with foliage as in past. The daughter n law wants to hit the woods with a bow this year and I dont think she realizes (yet) just how much harder it is to draw back on deer (esp when multiple sets of eyes are watching)

CurLee

When my father's age caught up to him and he could no longer use a climber we started hanging lock on stands for him with climbing sticks. He bought a shooting rail that straps to the tree and folds up/down in the same profile as a ladder stand's rail. Could easily hang a piece of camo net or burlap from that, and roll it up around the rail to fold it up for ingress/egress to stand. Believe he bought it from the Pro Bass or Cabelas, one.

GT90

I know not what you specifically asked for (blind or kit) but I bought two of the Guide Gear Deluxe Tree Stand Umbrellas (https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/guide-gear-deluxe-tree-stand-umbrella?a=1952610) and took off the fabric roof. Going to replace with some excess metal roofing I had lying around and then add some type of concealment/camouflage hanging from the roof to make a 3 or 4 sided blind. Looking at black tenis court netting right now only because I have some scraps. Maybe cut some slits in it to allow viewing and sticking a rifle barrel out in different directions.

Best of luck however you go.

shdw633

Heres a little trick to help your daughter out...build a little pyramid of logs or a brushpile that you will place the corn behind and make it tall enough, yet slim enough that when a deer sticks it's head behind the logs/brushpile to feed his body is exposed but his eyes are hidden behind the pile of logs. This will give your daughter a chance to draw back on a deer without necessarily spooking it. This can also be accomplished with one of those stump feeders, just point the opening away from where your daughter is sitting.

Slewfoot

Thanks for the replies gentlemen!!