Blind hunting with bow?

goodoleboy1012000

I was just wondering how many of you guys have done this and have you had much success. Im thinking about buying one. Im looking to get one with a shoot through mesh windows and im a little worried about it messing up the arrows flight.

Dough

Hunting Blind

I always hunt blind, because I shoot with both eyes closed. Maybe that's why I miss so many deer???

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
i do not have one with shoot thru windows. I have used mine a few times could have shot a deer at 10 yards during turkey season. It seems to work fine for deer as long as there is a little brush in front of or behind it.

Nugefan

the blind i have doest have mesh from what I have heard and seen on TV they don't seem to effect the arrow flight that much...
maybe some of our "senior " members have experience in them...
good luck on this years hunt..

Branchminnow

GONetwork Senator Area 51
Well I hunt in the mountains most of the time and ground hunting is easier sometimes than stand hunting pick a spot up on a ridge and hunt down ward I always use whats around me to build a blind old sticks leaves whatever I can find and it blends in much better than the bought blinds.

Randy

I hunt a ground blind a good bit and have had great success. I like them a lot. Mine have shoot thru windows but I do not use them. I shot through them for practice and just did not like the results.

Just 1 More

This may be one of those "DUH" things,, but Never use expandable/mechanical broadheads if you plan to use the shoot thru feature

ElkMan

I've used a ground blind when hunting antelope with a bow. "Bout the only way to hunt them things with a bow is in a blind or pit near a waterhole. Hotter than Jehovah's furnace in the middle of nowhere waiting for a shot. What a blast.........

one_shot_no_mor

Flashback!!!!!!

I saw this topic title and had FLASHBACKS TO "TOMMY" the PINBALL WIZARD!!!!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

I guess this Bowhunter would also HUNT BY SENSE OF SMELL??? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Razorback

Is it just me or when your shooting from one of those store bought blind (Ameristep Dog House), does your bow seem to be louder? My set up has a much more noticeable 'pop' to it. Anyone else?

Razor