Blind on a WMA?

This will be my first year hunting and I was wondering if anyone has experience with pop up blinds on a WMA. I don't have a stand and no experience on one so I don't my first hunt to be spent figuring it out in the dark, but I could carry in a pop up blind and put in some brush and kinda cover it easy enough. Also if anyone in south Georgia wouldn't mind teaching someone how to hunt I'm not entirely opposed.

A low sitting turkey chair, some camo webbing like from Walmart and some tree limbs to prop the netting up on works great also when sitting in front of a tree.

I stay away from the leaf cut camo at Walmart because it tears up so easy .

I've thought of something like that since all I would have to take is the netting and a chair or a bucket and have the netting and my water in the bucket and use the bucket as a seat

coolbreezeroho

The netting will fit in your pack. I also carry one of those cheap 4 dollar fleece blankets to spread over the chair to help cut down on any sound when I move. My chair I tie it to my pack with paracord to help keep my hands free. Tried a bucket before they get uncomfortable

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
There is an amazing chair called a tree lounger, or tree hammock, that ties to a tree. It is a very comfy sit, and you can set it up in seconds, once you get the hang of it. I got one off eBay a few years ago and love it. Packs light too....check it out.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
I found one on Amazon....the pic should be a link

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Looking for tree chairs I found a few other ones that were really cool. .......then again, a Wally World cushion hooked to A belt buckle will keep your butt dry and make sitting on the ground pretty comfy too.

Whit90

I do not like the idea of a blind on a WMA, especially in the woods. its hard to pick out a well placed blind when your sneaking through the woods. Blinds make it hard for ppl to know your there. I like hunting from the ground, but ive always got my orange visible.

Jim Boyd

I am older now and have given up climbers but a Summit is so easy to attach to a tree it is pathetic.

No parts to lose.

Do it once or twice in the daylight and it becomes so easy you could do it blindfolded.

No shame in a blind or chair but a stand does a LOT of things for you.

Safety first and GOOD LUCK!

KODIAK 69

I hunt almost exclusively from the ground, but it not as easy as you may think,especially during bow season. New climbing stands are very easy to use (make sure to use a safety harness ! ) , so if you practice at the house with one for a little bit before going to the woods,you shouldnt have any trouble. If you choose to ground hunt, dont get frustrated too quickly if you get busted by every doe in the woods. Just learn to set up with something that blends in with where you are .

I do not like the idea of a blind on a WMA, especially in the woods. its hard to pick out a well placed blind when your sneaking through the woods. Blinds make it hard for ppl to know your there. I like hunting from the ground, but ive always got my orange visible.

I was thinking about that, putting either a cheap orange vest on the roof or using just some netting so I'm still somewhat visible. I know a tree stand is the way to go, I just don't have any trees in my yard to practice on. I live in the suburbs.