Blood yes, but what about the body?

StriperAddict

Excellent note to chew on, oops, no pun intended .... enjoy!

=======
Jesus' Crucifixion, Death and Resurrection were so important. Without "the Body part" of Christ's Work there would be no Eternal Life, no Salvation, no being "born from Above" and made "new creatures in Christ."
It helped me to wrap my head around it by understanding the TWO Communion elements.
Most believers readily identify with The Blood, how our sins were all forgiven and we were made righteous and pleasing to Father.
Ask many believers, "What does The Body mean," and they stumble and guess.
We have been taught pretty well that we were forgiven by His Blood.
We have not been taught well at all how His Body is our Life, forever AND TODAY.
Fact is, we were co-crucified with Christ, so that He could put to death the Old Man in us. We were co-raised with Jesus, so that we could receive our New Life, which is Christ living in us. Gal2v20 is a good summary. We also love the classic quote from Maj W Ian Thomas (with the Lord):
"Christ gave His Life FOR us,
To give His Life TO us,
To live His Life THROUGH us."
Many believers don't understand the last part, or "the other side" of the Cross, "Christ in you!" Don't miss His Daily Grace (Heb12v15a)

By permission from the Encourager Dan Camp

StriperAddict

A study verse that gives some light on the subject ...

Romans 7:4
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God.

We get cut from the law of Moses so that we bear fruit out of the union that the body of Christ provides.

Blood poured out for the remission of sin.
Body broken so our fellowship in Christ wouldn't be.

Simple, Profound.

Artfuldodger

I can't really find much on what the physical body of Christ
did or represents compared to His blood. It must have been something different or at least Christ thought it was since he represented a distinguishing thing for Communion. Wine for blood and bread for body.

No wonder people don't know, there's just not much there in terms of scripture and teaching material. I do believe it's separate from the blood, just can't find much on it.

Last edited:

StriperAddict

I can't really find much on what the physical body of God did or represents compared to His blood. It must have been something different or at least Christ thought it was since he represented a distinguishing thing for Communion. Wine for blood and bread for body.

No wonder people don't know, there's just not much there in terms of scripture and teaching material. I do believe it's separate from the blood, just can't find much on it.
Your death to the law through the body of Christ is significant. Start there, incl. Rom 6.