Boar hog

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Went to my lease in south ga this weekend doing a little work on stands and a little archery hunting , decided this morning to see if I could put some pork in the freezer . Ran up on this young fat boar at daylight at a feeder3967121F-EE01-4F2F-A535-1A393A667259.jpeg

bany

Excellent boar hog!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Hog
That's a good one ant! What do you think he weighed?
Hogs weight is hard to guess , but I had to drag him about 30 yards and it wasn’t easy . I was going backwards the whole time . Also 1 ham weighed 24 lbs lol , if I had to guess I’d say 200-250

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Hog

Hogs weight is hard to guess , but I had to drag him about 30 yards and it wasn’t easy . I was going backwards the whole time . Also 1 ham weighed 24 lbs lol , if I had to guess I’d say 200-250
They are hard to guess. I’ve probably weighed close to 100 on scales at our club and they always weigh less than expected. This one pulled the scales to #200. I thought it would be at least #2507E55A48C-93C9-4B27-AF68-B3B5FC5B09A2.jpeg

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
@antharper do you like that legg’s seasoning? Me and my son processed a deer I killed last weekend and I told him we need to start doing our hogs.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Legg`s #10 is about as good as it gets. You can tune it some with extra cayenne and sage, but does just fine on its own too.

sleepr71

Big hog. How they taste is hit & miss in my experience. Some are ok...some are rank. Glad yours turned out good ?