Boat slip needed Hall County Lake Lanier

LittleDrummerBoy

I'm seeing lots of empty boat slips out there. You can use my boat 5 days a week in exchange for usage of your slip. I want to be able to fish twice a week and perhaps more often if you are not using my boat. Deal lasts for duration of anticipated boat ramp closure, perhaps longer by mutual agreement.

Josh B

My friends live on Lanier and there are probably 5 empty docks next to them. I offered to pay to rent a dock and had no takers.

LittleDrummerBoy

Against Corp. rules. They will pull the dock owners permit if a private dock owner is caught renting space.

Renting may be against COE rules, but I think the boat sharing arrangement proposed in the original post would be OK.

So all boat ramps are closed on lake Lanier?

Not yet, but the list is growing, and I'm planning for the contingency that at some point the ramps serving Hall County may be private ramps that are very busy and have high launch fees and or be a much further drive than all the empty boat slips I see on the Hall County shoreline.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
Renting may be against COE rules, but I think the boat sharing arrangement proposed in the original post would be OK.

If someone has an accident in your boat during the week, who is liable?

What if they destroy or sink your boat? Who is liable?

What if your outboards are stolen? Who is liable?

Seems like a VERY slippery slope..

LittleDrummerBoy

I prefer just to look a man in the eye and make a deal. Life is too short to worry about all the "what if" questions. My impression of Georgia is it's too often "all about the Benjamins." In Louisiana, we often just do what we need to do to keep fishing. That's how I plan to keep rolling here.

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
My impression of Georgia is it's too often "all about the Benjamins."
As a Gwinnett, Georgia “native”. I can tell you it use to be different. Way different!!

The one thing that has changed it all is the lack of GA natives. Don’t believe me.. look at the results from the last few elections. GA natives are hard to come by in the metro area. Full of folks that “don’t belong around here”.. That’s a saying that was the norm just in Gwinnett growing up which was “the sticks”.. I grew up knocking on doors, mowing, doing chores to get access to creeks, rivers, lakes and hunting land.

You are trying to get access to the busiest lake in the state. Not to mention, the most expensive lake property in the state outside of the 3 mountain lakes in the northeast of the state but all 3 of those make up a few shore lines of Lanier. There is more money on Lanier than any lake in GA.

If you are wanting to trade your boat use for a Lanier dock.

You are going to need more to offer than a Jon boat with a 25. That boat will get you run over in the next few months. Heck, that would get you run over the last week on the south end of the lake. I think you complained about the big wakes and traffic just a few weeks ago and you weren’t a mile from the boat ramp. And not even on the main lake.

Good luck and tight lines! Hope it works out for you.

Last edited: