BOLO Stolen Boat

kingfish

I know it's a stretch, but a good buddy of mine had his boat stolen this morning. It's a 36 Yellowfin with trip 300 Yamaha 4 strokes. It's name is TRIPLE MIKE. Insurance company says it's probably already in pieces and on it's way south but It's worth spreading the word. Keep an eye out just in case. Thanks in advance

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
My gosh I bet your buddy worked hard for that boat!!! I hope for good outcome!!!
Thieves are ......(can't say on the forum but it's bad!!!!)

kingfish

Yes, thieves are. He had top notch insurance but it still stinks. They'll get theirs. Maybe not now but it always comes back to roost.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Hate to hear ! Where was it stolen from ?

kingfish

Believe it or not they found the boat. It was down in Boynton Beach having some work done. They got the 3 lower units from the Yamaha 300's but that was it. There doesn't appear to be any other damage to the hull. All the gear and electronics were still on the boat. Not a big fan of social media but that's what got it found. Someone who read the Facebook BOLO spotted it on a lot in Lake Worth and called LEO.

doomtrpr_z71

Believe it or not they found the boat. It was down in Boynton Beach having some work done. They got the 3 lower units from the Yamaha 300's but that was it. There doesn't appear to be any other damage to the hull. All the gear and electronics were still on the boat. Not a big fan of social media but that's what got it found. Someone who read the Facebook BOLO spotted it on a lot in Lake Worth and called LEO.
It even started a new Facebook BOLO group for boats, Im glad it was found even with all of the ** that comes from social media, some good things do some along.

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
(y)

pottydoc

The guy who spotted it was a Hull Truth member. He was taking the commuter train to work and thought it was strange that it was sitting in an empty lot. Got back home and got on THT to surf a little, and saw the bolo on there. Posted up, and the shop where it was being worked on (International Marine, great place for Suzuki repowers went and found it. Very, very, lucky it hadn’t been stripped.

kingfish

Apparently, the thieves had stashed it to see if there was any kind of tracking device on it. Also found out that the thieves got the battery system that is pretty pricey. Yes, very lucky it hadn't been stripped. Another day or so and they would have reduced it to fiberglass. When my 21 CC was stolen back in 93, they found the hull in an orange grove. Everything, I mean everything had been taken off the boat. Nothing but fiberglass. Live and learn.