Book question

phoneman

In my freetime, seems I always have my nose in a book, I usually read somewhere between 25-30 a year. I was wondering if anyone has read Jimmy Buffetts new book, "A Salty Piece of Land" yet? I have read one of his already, "A Pirate Looks at Fifty", it was pretty good even though it is not usually what I'm interested in. If you have, post your thoughts.

matthewsman

I read all the time

Iris Johanneson,Clancy,Davisd Baldacci,John Grisham and on and on and on.My mom selfpublished a pretty good book not long agoher home page is http://www.geocities.com/sweetdirt1966 not bad,but more apealing to the ladies.donnie

broadhead

I just bought Buffet's new book but haven't started it yet. I've read his other two and his short stories. They were pretty good. Where is Joe Merchant? was my favorite. It is quirky like you would expect from JB.

HayBurner

Hey Guys I like to read also. I have not tried out any of jb's books.
I thought I give you guy's a couple of authors that I like to read.
vince Flynn (cia type of stuff) this guy is as good as tom clancy and Michael Connelly (det. novels)
HB

phoneman

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the feedback. I have read just about all of Grisham, Koontz, Dan Brown and related Da Vinci resources. I also really enjoy biographies, some of my favorites are pro athletes.

southernclay

I didn't know he had a new one out, I have read his others and they are all good.
I recommend: Cash by Johnny Cash
The Old Man and the Boy by Robert Roark
Anything by Ferrol Sams(from GA)

georgiaboy

I am up there with Jim in my reading habits. My family makes fun of me because I read so fast, ha ha. Jimmy Buffet's books are great and I think I will pick the new one up for the honeymoon. As far as fiction, I like Michael Crichton, Stephen Hunter, and Ferrel Sams is one of the best authors ever in my opinion. He is a doctor in Macon (if he is still alive). I have read several of Jimmy Buffet's books and I was a little surprised at how good they are.