Bound and determined to kill a pig before I leave Georgia.

MissouriBoy

Should I just drive to the country and knock on some farmers doors and see if they want som pigs dead? Are there any message boards or online forums that advertise people looking for help eradicating some hogs? Also, do processors cut these feral ones up, or do you have to do it all yourself? We don’t have this opportunity for killing them in Missouri, and we will be moving back there fall of 2021, so I’m wanting to bust a few while I live here!

strothershwacker

Any public land south of atlanta is a good bet. Small game season will open mid August. I saw 2 on public land this morning. You can hunt em bout 6 months out of the year if you chase em when something else is in season. As for door knocking, ugh... good luck with that. It's Georgia, pretty much everyone hunts. Farmers ain't in short supply of friends and family members to do the pig killin for them. Advertise to trade a Missouri deer hunt for a Georgia pig hunt and you'll probly get some takers!

MissouriBoy

Any public land south of atlanta is a good bet. Small game season will open mid August. I saw 2 on public land this morning. You can hunt em bout 6 months out of the year if you chase em when something else is in season. As for door knocking, ugh... good luck with that. It's Georgia, pretty much everyone hunts. Farmers ain't in short supply of friends and family members to do the pig killin for them. Advertise to trade a Missouri deer hunt for a Georgia pig hunt and you'll probly get some takers!
Good point about the ample amount of hunters, and farmers knowing them. I’m going to try and keep looking. I really can’t afford $500 for some of these guided hunts.

MissouriBoy

Hunt some of the WMA’s that run along Rivers from mid GA ,Southward. Most of them & surrounding properties are ate up with Hogs☹️
Awesome will do!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Hunt some of the WMA’s that run along Rivers from mid GA ,Southward. Most of them & surrounding properties are ate up with Hogs☹️

Yeah this^^^^
There are plenty North of Atlanta too, but much tougher !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Dang son, you got pigs in your back yard! Get maps of Oaky woods and Ocmulgee WMA, Be ready to hunt the day small game season opens. Have your rimfire or shotgun or .22 MAG and go get one!

MissouriBoy

Dang son, you got pigs in your back yard! Get maps of Oaky woods and Ocmulgee WMA, Be ready to hunt the day small game season opens. Have your rimfire or shotgun or .22 MAG and go get one!
I’ve hunted Oaky Woods and Robins AFB. Only saw hogs on the base. I didn’t kill them because I didn’t know if anyone processes them around here. The mandatory base hunting class said that almost 60% of them killed have brucellosis. Being new to all this I guess I need to look up ways to harvest them without getting that stuff.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I’ve hunted Oaky Woods and Robins AFB. Only saw hogs on the base. I didn’t kill them because I didn’t know if anyone processes them around here. The mandatory base hunting class said that almost 60% of them killed have brucellosis. Being new to all this I guess I need to look up ways to harvest them without getting that stuff.
Wear disposable gloves when you're cleaning and butchering them, and you'll be fine.

MissouriBoy

When squirrel season opens up August 15, go to Chickasawhatchee WMA. Check the rules and regulations for legal weapons before you go.
Will do!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Beaverdam wma has em to.
I use to hunt Beaverdam every bow season . Me and a few friends would camp for a few days at the river campsite and would usually run out of arrows . Before they put gravel on all the roads they were covered with arrowheads , of course I never picked any up ?

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I use to hunt Beaverdam every bow season . Me and a few friends would camp for a few days at the river campsite and would usually run out of arrows . Before they put gravel on all the roads they were covered with arrowheads , of course I never picked any up ?
My club is right across the river. We find pottery and arrowheads.