bow fishing question?

cmzshooter

It has been a number of years since I have been bowfishing down at Oconee in mid august trying to stick a gar. I have been wanting to go on Lanier or other close lake to try and get after the carp when they turn shallow. Any advise on what months (May?) would be good and ballpark areas to look on the lake. I am set up with the old fashioned Zebco 550 reel with bow attachment and Muzzy arrows and tips. Me and a friend are looking at rigging a johnboat with lights and trying some night antics also. Any help would be appreciated with suggestions or tips. Thank you

stickflinger

would love to you Hartwell.

Me and my buddies shoot alot on Hartwell. We start looking for fish in mid March. The night shooting doesn't really get started good until May. Let me tell you this, when the nights get warm on Hartwell your arm will get a workout. Alot of carp and gar, and a few catfish. If you want to get together let me know, we would like the company. Good shooting... :type: :yeah:

gabowman

End of April would be a safe bet that you'll see fish, especially at nite. I shoot alot on Russell and in the past on Clark Hill. The carp come shallow mid Apr. depending on the weather.

GB

taylornelms

GONetwork Member
What about West Point is there anything good to shoot their it will be my first time any pointers or anything i dont mean to high jack a post but it will apply to the originator too. thanks in advance