Bow Hunting

Thunder Head

Gone but not forgotten
I bow hunt about 98% of the time. I carry my old 30/30 sometimes when i go on a scouting trip during the season. I like using my blackpowder rifle just for a change of pace late in the season or on quickie hunts after the time changes.

I hunt with my bow about 75% of the time. On our hunting lease their is a big 300 acre pasture. Sometimes i'll take the winchester 300 out for some long range shots. :shoot:

I own 30 acres behind my house and all i do is bowhunt.
I saw a nice 10pt with about a 18inch spread and about 6 or 7 inch tines. He was lucky. He was about 60 yards out. Just out of bow range. :mad:

Scout-N-Hunt

At the risk of starting a storm, hunted archery for the first time last year with a friend's crossbow and took a big doe with it. Absolutely outstanding huntin' experience. Purchased an Excalibur after the season last year and plan to hunt with it this year. Also have an undeniable itch for a compound bow and been eyeballin' a Mathews Outback in the classifieds. Would allow me to hunt earlier in FL and then in Georgia. Not sure what I'll do with the crossbow, but they are fun to shoot too. Last year was the first time I hunted with a muzzle loader as well, and was lucky enough to take another big doe with it. But I still Love Rifles, have more than one go-to rig ready, and will have one in my hands right after muzzle loader week is over.