Bow Press

NugeForPres

Looking for recommendations for a good bow press for a beginning DIY'r that won't break the bank.

handfull

Exactly what I did, except I made the prongs out of oak boards. Works great and can do anything i need to on bow. <$20

MossyCreek

IMHO you cant beat the standard ez green press or ez green power press if you plan on setting up a bunch of bows. Will last you a lifetime and worth the money. If working on a bow like an obsession, elite, or any bow with stops like theirs you can get the extra shorter finger designed so that you don't have to take the stops out every time you make an adjustment like you would have to on most other presses. Just one of the advantages

jakefd

The best archery product I have ever bought was my EZ Green Press by Last Chance Archery. Easy to use, made working on my bows easier and has yet to fail. I don't think it ever will.

Soybean

I too love my EZ Green press. It is the most essential tool I have. Dont know where you are located in GA but Last Chance Archery is located in Braselton, GA. I drove and picked mine up personally when i bought it. They are a great group of folks.

It is their most basic press, I paid around $400 I think but it is all a DIY'er will need.

Last Chance Archery
Address: 619 Hubert Pittman Rd, Braselton, GA 30517
Phone:706-654-1961

Brewskis

Kris had shown me an inexpensive portable bow press that would seem to fit the bill for a DIYer. Lately, I've thought about getting one as I attempt to start learning more, and been meaning to ask him again what the make and model is. I want to say it is made by Bowmaster. Is that right, Kris?

alligood729

Kris had shown me an inexpensive portable bow press that would seem to fit the bill for a DIYer. Lately, I've thought about getting one as I attempt to start learning more, and been meaning to ask him again what the make and model is. I want to say it is made by Bowmaster. Is that right, Kris?

Yep, the Bowmaster. I have one, and I know Kris does. A little slow, a little tedious to work with, but for working on your own stuff, and an emergency in the field, can't beat it.

Brewskis

Yep, the Bowmaster. I have one, and I know Kris does. A little slow, a little tedious to work with, but for working on your own stuff, and an emergency in the field, can't beat it.

Thanks, David. I had a coupon for Bass Pro, and picked one up there this past weekend. Now I just need to order the split limb brackets. Looking forward to using this DIY forum in the upcoming off-season.

Kris87

Thanks, David. I had a coupon for Bass Pro, and picked one up there this past weekend. Now I just need to order the split limb brackets. Looking forward to using this DIY forum in the upcoming off-season.

You will have a lot of questions when you get started. Best way to learn is to shoot, diagnose, then ask for a remedy. Don't just go twisting stuff and see what happens, because it doesn't take long to get one waaaaay out of whack. Once you start seeing how changes affect arrow flight, you'll be off to the races.