Bow rest in treestand for a recurve

marshdawg

Do y'all have any ideas on a rest to fix to the bottom of the stand to hold a recurve? I hate tapping into trees when I climb to screw in a bow hanger. Thanks

frankwright

I am a terrible artist but you used to be able to buy these and I use to make them at work from metal and cover the fingers in electrical heat shrink.
Fasten to foot part of stand with bolt or screws.

Attachments

• 16166022281183910985426420366810.jpg
    16166022281183910985426420366810.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 3

splatek

UAEC
I had a post about this a few months ago, I think right before the start of last season. Great responses on there, like use the quiver. Also, the best one: hold the bow. hard enough to get drawn with an animal at 10 yards, don't need to add any additional movement by having to reach for the bow as well. I really took that last lesson to heart this season and started thinking about the hunters that came before me, people like Fred bear... I wondered if they ever didn't have their bow in hand....

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Sometimes I hold my bow still for hours but my stand is going to have a holder that holds it upright and I personally also use my gun holders to hold my bow while climbing.You should be using that artist rendering provided above, I do.
Can’t beat an adjustable tuning fork.

trial&error

I mostly just hold it for the above reasons. But I do screw in one of those small pvc covered screws for eating and digging around in my pack or whatever. but when done it's right back in my hand or across my lap.

frankwright

I hold mine a lot but it is nice to give my hand a rest and have a snack or something .
The rest I showed can hold your bow just by your knee and easy to grab with little movement.
Those Third Hand holders would probably work as most compounds by the time you get your rest,laser sight,quiver,and stabilizer weigh around 32 lbs!

splatek

UAEC
When I am not holding it, I have a strap with J hooks/S hooks on it. I just hand from the quiver. Hunting from the ground I always have it in my hand. One thing I have realized after hunting from the ground and more or less forcing myself to hold the bow is that I am way more attentive to the woods when my hands are tied up holding the bow. Can't reach for a snack, phone, etc. That being said, it is nice to put it down once in a while, I think me, still being new just feels like murphy's law will set in and once I put her down the animals will stroll in... HAHA