Bow sight

tree cutter 08

What sight do most use and how do you like it. I've been thinking about going back to a multi pin sight. Currently using a hha single pin sight. Works great but I'm finding out it really slows me up when trying to make a shot when spot and stalk hunting. By the time I range, adjust sight and draw animals usually closer or further away.

ddd-shooter

Love my multi pin spot hogg. Absolutely a tank and, in my opinion, the most rock solid sights on the market.
I have the hunter. 7 pins

Kris87

I use 3 pin sliders on all my bows. Montana Black Gold Ascents. I am not a one pin fan.

Hunter922

CBE single pin. Love it..

strothershwacker

I got a $30 tru-glo that came with 3 pens. I took 1 of them off and had 2 pens. "near" or "far". This year I pulled another 1 off. So I got a jack-legged, fixed single pen, no confusion sight. I shoot 3" groups out to 40 yards. Love the one pen thing!

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
I like the spot Hogg 5 pin. If IQ sights had different color pins, they'd probably be my favorite. 2 green, 1 red, 2 green. Not crazy about that scheme

gemihur

Toxonics ... 'nuff said
20,30,40 yd pin
use your rangefinder

Attachments

• Sika 2018.JPG
    Sika 2018.JPG
    394.2 KB · Views: 52

uturn

A Vital Gear Single Pin for Me!!

But, as mentioned a single slider can be tricky while on a spot n stalk..heck one of my buddies shoots a 7 pin..seems way too busy for me but he loves it!

To each his own...just keep slingin em I say!!

Good luck this year Fella's }----->

I like the spot Hogg 5 pin. If IQ sights had different color pins, they'd probably be my favorite. 2 green, 1 red, 2 green. Not crazy about that scheme

Change them. It’s just a fiber optic. I’ve run all sorts of different colors of fiber and pin configurations. I wouldn’t let pin color be the deciding factor on a sight ever.

I have a general idea of how far “20 yards” is from the tree. Once a deer reaches that point or is just beyond that I have a good idea of how I’m aiming. There’s a small bit of instinctive shooting that goes with it also. I’ve killed one buck at 40, the rest have been at less than 25 yards. I don’t even carry a range finder anymore.

DuckArrow

I use a 5 pin sword sight but that is just me. I dont like swapping sights. I like shooting long distances fooling around on the range. Like 70 yards, but I dont even use my bottom two pins hunting.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
The one I have has 4.5 feet of fiber optic wrapped around and on top of the housing.

Kris87

Here's why I don't like a one pin sight. The buck I killed last year at 12pm. He was cruising a ridge and caught me off guard at that time of the day. By the time I saw him, he was about 30 yds moving away. I ranged him at 35, came to full draw, and by the time I'm on him, he's behind some brush. I let down, hit the grunt call, he turns on a dime, and comes to 12 yds under the tree. I couldn't have made all those adjustments in the heat of the hunt like that with a one pin. And I'm just not a fan of holding high or low unless its 2 or 3 yds. That's within my acceptable hold range.

krizia829

I hate single pin sights.. They're a pain and take up too much time adjusting for a shot. I use the IQ 5-pin sight. Mainly because I have a bad habit that I torque the bow a bit when I shoot, even worse when aiming at a deer and my heart is pumping hard. I've missed so many deer because of it.. The IQ sight has a retina lock that lets you make sure you're not going to torque the bow. It helps maintain proper grip too. Got each pin set to 10 yard intervals from 20-60 yards. I pull 55lbs but do not feel comfortable making a shot more than 40 yards. I have the pins just in case but that's just me..

Here's why I don't like a one pin sight. The buck I killed last year at 12pm. He was cruising a ridge and caught me off guard at that time of the day. By the time I saw him, he was about 30 yds moving away. I ranged him at 35, came to full draw, and by the time I'm on him, he's behind some brush. I let down, hit the grunt call, he turns on a dime, and comes to 12 yds under the tree. I couldn't have made all those adjustments in the heat of the hunt like that with a one pin. And I'm just not a fan of holding high or low unless its 2 or 3 yds. That's within my acceptable hold range.

Rookie :D

fountain

Montana black gold ascent is one of the best sights made. I have a 4 pin head and a single pin. I often swap them out with no worries. I hunt with the 4 pin and shoot spots and over the summer with the single pin with a 4x lens. The swap is super simple and fast. That's the beauty of the black gold. Other will not be as versatile and easy to swap