Boykin

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Call Blaine at Hudson River Retrievers. He's in Hall county.

Actually, he is in Banks County, about 15 miles from my house. I haven't been to his place, but I know where it is, and I have talked with Blaine a few times about working with my female Boykin

Beagles N Boykins

Blaine’s dog Buck is the sire of my dog Rance. South Georgia Kennels in Albany works closely with Blaine and has some great dogs too. My best advice is to take your time and find the right dog. It’s not gonna be cheap. A quality Boykin will be from $2-3,000. If you train it yourself you can save a lot, but you have to start with a great foundation. It took me over a year to find the right pairing and I’m super happy with mine.

Beagles N Boykins

I’ve helped several people find the right dog for them. I’m not an expert but I’ve done a lot of research and have some ideas on how to pick one. PM me your number if you want to and I’ll give you a call.

SLY22

Useles Member !
If you're seriously considering a Boykin take Brian ( Beagles N Boykins ) up on his offer he is a great resource and willing to help any way he can. Brian has been to good to me!

Beagles N Boykins

I guy explained Boykins to me this way, it’s a young breed and it has become popular lately and that can be bad for any breed. There are good and bad breeders out there and sometimes it’s hard to find the right person/dog. The first place to look is here https://www.huntingboykinpedigree.com/
This has a list of all dogs and their pedigree and health issues. The BSS web site has a list of health issues that can cause issues in a Boykin. I the pedigree site also has any titles a dog may have won. Now this won’t guarantee a great hunting dog but it will help you pick a dog that should have the traits you are looking for. Blaine (waterswat on GON) has great dogs and can be a wealth of information. I saved money by training Rance myself. Professional training cans run $700-$800 per month. This wasn’t easy but he helped out by being willing to anything to please me. Getting a good Boykin is a marathon not a sprint and if I can help let me know.

Attachments

• F026EF75-1C5D-4157-A57A-BA8BF14F8AF1.jpeg
    F026EF75-1C5D-4157-A57A-BA8BF14F8AF1.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 34