Boys abusing deer while alive and taking video

7 point

I don't know for a fact how these boys were raised how ever I have a good idea .this is what you get when you let video games and social media not to mention most music and movies today that the young folks are exposed to raise your kids this is the kind of our come you get .it's time parents start being parents and spend time with there kids if the young boys have troubles a good parent who is involved in the young boys life could see a mile away that the child needs help .just my 2cents.

ryanh487

I don't know for a fact how these boys were raised how ever I have a good idea .this is what you get when you let video games and social media not to mention most music and movies today that the young folks are exposed to raise your kids this is the kind of our come you get .it's time parents start being parents and spend time with there kids if the young boys have troubles a good parent who is involved in the young boys life could see a mile away that the child needs help .just my 2cents.

I played violent video games all the time. To this day the only video games I have any interest in playing are first person shooter, and the movies I prefer are violent.

I would never treat a living thing (that hadn't hurt someone I love) the way that they treat that deer.

They are showing signs of psychopathy and/or sociopathy, and that's a brain defect. It can happen even to kids raised in good homes, it's often triggered by childhood trauma. sometimes that's the parent's fault, sometimes is something as innoccuous as getting stuck in traffic alongside a fatality car wreck or witnessing something else that was unavoidable.

LittleDrummerBoy

I certainly don't object to these young men being punished according to the laws on the books at the time in the jurisdiction where the crime was committed.

But I am more troubled by calls for additional consequences that pretty much amount to violations of the Constitutional prohibition of ex post facto laws.

It's not OK to violate the US Constitution due to a sense of moral outrage, even when that moral outrage is justified by an issue that hits close to home.

rugerfan

I certainly don't object to these young men being punished according to the laws on the books at the time in the jurisdiction where the crime was committed.

But I am more troubled by calls for additional consequences that pretty much amount to violations of the Constitutional prohibition of ex post facto laws.

It's not OK to violate the US Constitution due to a sense of moral outrage, even when that moral outrage is justified by an issue that hits close to home.

I was going to keep my thoughts to myself but I just can't, so.... I quickly scanned all the posts from my last post until yours and I have to ask, what additional consequences are you talking about? I personally think fines and not be allowed to hunt for 5 years is perfectly suitable, along with a good whooping. You just cannot overlook this type of behavior and say, eh it is just kids being kids anymore. There is something wrong with this thought process in the actions of those boys.

And yes, it is too bad that the deer couldn't at least gotten an Antler in one of those boys before it was all over.

Now again fine them, take their ability to hunt away, and lets all move on with our lives.

ryanh487

I would like to see them assigned to court ordered counseling/psychological evaluation to get them the help they need before they escalate this behaviour.

These are the ones you hear about on the news after they've killed a bunch of folks, and these are the "red flags" everyone complains about ignoring. Punish them according to their crimes, but also help them so they don't get worse.

7 point

I played violent video games all the time. To this day the only video games I have any interest in playing are first person shooter, and the movies I prefer are violent.

I would never treat a living thing (that hadn't hurt someone I love) the way that they treat that deer.

They are showing signs of psychopathy and/or sociopathy, and that's a brain defect. It can happen even to kids raised in good homes, it's often triggered by childhood trauma. sometimes that's the parent's fault, sometimes is something as innoccuous as getting stuck in traffic alongside a fatality car wreck or witnessing something else that was unavoidable.
All I'm saying is when bad actions are glorified in way young minds think are cool and no one is there to teach different this is what happens .for example. I have a buddy who him and his wife worked hard to raise there kids right both parents work long hours not home much there teen boys are home alone alot with as said in my other post music and video games his 14 year old said the F word my buddy asked where did you learn that he said (it's I'm my music at school and movies it's ok everyone says it today ) folks become Calais to things that are bad .

swamp hunter

They'll be the same 20 somethings Blasting Does with a 300 Win Mag and telling us her front shoulder was smoked , Dropped her right there , Blew her side out , look at the Lung blood all over the ground....
Head shots are The Bomb.
Let's go get another one.

cself

Man I have never responded to a troll comment before but you should be ashamed of yourself. Asking fellow hunters to be careful of jumping to conclusions about the parents who may have no involvement in the incident somehow warrants my parents being shot and tortured? I am not trying to get involved in some sort of back and forth with you and I will not respond to any other post you might post in an attempt to provoke me but I do ask that you please search your own heart about what you said. I wish you well and hope that we have somehow greatly miss understood each other.

OleCountryBoy

"Felony charges were ultimately dropped after Smith had pleaded guilty to misdemeanor cruelty charges, as well four other summary offenses, last week.
Smith was sentenced to 200 hours of community service, $2,150 in fines, and two years of probation, during which time he must make himself available to speak at hunting safety courses and for youth groups. His hunting license was also revoked until 2035, the Post-Gazette reported."

What the #$#$%#....who would want this kid speaking at hunting safety courses and youth groups? He's sick

swamp hunter

No need to kill a Young Man with Vengeful ideas ..
He screwed up and he knows it now.
Would not want him dating my Daughter but he might have learned a Life Lesson here.