Brace Height

BigCats

Ok I understand a longer bh is more forgiving I know how it's measured I would like someone to tell me why? What does that 1 or 2 inch difference make a bow more forgiving ? Hope this doesn't sound like a stupid question I just can't picture it and have tried looking it up but only found info about the basic stuff I knew I what a know why it works.

alligood729

Cat, the longer the arrow stays on the string, the more likely a form flaw can show up, and if you are torqueing the grip it will be more likely to show it. It will affect accuracy and consistent shot. The arrow isn't on the string as long with a bigger brace height, so in theory, there isn't as much time for your grip, any torque, or a form issue to affect the arrow flight. Does that make any sense? Someone else might be able to explain it a little clearer.....

BigCats

I actually finally found a article that said basically just what you said it's the time the arrow stay on string. But they shot a bunch of different bows different bh and said they found in the new bows there wasn't much difference a few of the shooters actually had better numbers with a shorter bh. Thanks for your feedback.

alligood729

Some of the newer bows in the last 4-5 years, the design of some does make them "easier" to shoot with a shorter bh...