Braves 2020 Season Thread

rosewood

Reliever Melancon looks to be tossing bp at times, makes me nervous. After the double play the last out was tattooed to the wall.
It's cause they won't let him cover up the rubber with dirt....throws off his rhythm.
Don't understand why he does that.

Duff

I know Greene has got hit the last couple of outings, but I trust him more than Melancon. Greene’s stuff is filthy

biggdogg

Reliever Melancon looks to be tossing bp at times, makes me nervous. After the double play the last out was tattooed to the wall.
He doesn't throw hard at all, but guys can't make decent contact with his breaking pitch. He's only blown 3-4 saves since Atlanta got him and only 1 this season. He's a crafty old veteran that makes it work.

I know Greene has got hit the last couple of outings, but I trust him more than Melancon. Greene’s stuff is filthy
Martin (0.53 ERA), and very surprisingly, Minter (0.48 ERA) have both been near abouts unhittable.

westcobbdog

Playoff baseball where every pitch matters and my team actually having enough offense to win it all gets me excited, despite our pitiful playoff record as of late.

BornToHuntAndFish

With that rough 1st-inning start, I was not expecting a win. Glad the pitching tightened up & buckled down to not allow any more scoring after the 1st.

EifNBNnWkAYWjE6

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=401226476

Bullpen, defense preserves Braves 5-4 win over Marlins

Austin Riley's two-run double capped a wild first inning and the deep Atlanta bullpen took it ...

WIN
T. Matzek(4-3)
2.0 IP, 0 ER, 3 K, 2 BB

SAVE
M. Melancon(11)
1.0 IP, 0 ER, 0 K, 0 BB

1st d'Arnaud reached on infield single to third, Acuña Jr. scored, Ozuna to second.

1st Albies singled to center, Ozuna scored, Duvall to third.

1st Riley doubled to right, Albies scored and Duvall scored.

2nd Acuña Jr. hit a ground rule double to left, Swanson scored.

23-seconds, Game Summary

46-seconds, Braves comeback 1st-inning scoring

48-seconds, 9th-inning 1-3-6 Double Play

30-seconds, Different viewing angle 9th-inning 1-3-6 Double Play

EihlQVTXkAUgPSQ

EihWo8-XgAIL3G2

BornToHuntAndFish

Through 5-innings, fine starting pitching by Wilson and hitting by Albies & Ozuna tonight.

Coenen

Good win last night. Man, this offense is explosive.

I know the powers that be will screw it up, but Freeman's gotta be your MVP, right? All he does is play elite level ball every year.

Speaking of superlatives, is Snit manager of the year? No starting pitching? No problem. Really impressed with what they've done from the front office on down to the field this year.

BornToHuntAndFish

Mighty fine way for Braves to clinch the Division with a double digit hits & runs & 5-HR's home win to go with Bryse Wilson's 5 scoreless innings & 7-strikeouts.

EikMWgDWAAEGrWC

EikI7z4WsAAwEaV

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=401226488

WIN
B. Wilson(1-0)
5.0 IP, 0 ER, 7 K, 1 BB

M. Ozuna ATL - LF
4-5, 2 HR, 2B, 5 RBI

F. Freeman ATL - 1B
3-5, HR, 2B, 2 RBI

O. Albies ATL - 2B
3-4, HR, 1 RBI

HR: Freeman (12, 7th inning off Vincent 1 on, 0 Out); Ozuna 2 (17, 1st inning off Ureña 0 on, 2 Out, 8th inning off Eibner 1 on, 1 Out); Albies (6, 2nd inning off Ureña 0 on, 0 Out); Swanson (8, 7th inning off Vincent 0 on, 0 Out)

RBI: Freeman 2 (50), Ozuna 5 (53), Albies (16), Swanson (28), Riley (27)

1st Ozuna homered to left center (434 feet).

2nd Albies homered to center (412 feet).

5th Ozuna doubled to deep right, Freeman scored and Swanson scored.

6th Marte homered to center (413 feet).

7th Swanson homered to left (346 feet).

7th Freeman homered to right center (441 feet), Acuña Jr. scored.

7th Duvall scored on error, Markakis safe at first on fielding error by right fielder Joyce, Albies safe at third on error.

7th Riley singled to center, Albies scored, Markakis to second.

8th Ozuna homered to center (450 feet), Freeman scored.

24-seconds, Braves win game & division

Time = 1:10, Game Closing

49-seconds, Ozuna 2nd HR

14-seconds Wilson's 7-K's

EikQu8KXYAE2EJz

EijqWuAXgAYgoVG

EikSRzfX0AERMhK

EikIkaLWsAE-SOm

biggdogg

Good win last night. Man, this offense is explosive.

I know the powers that be will screw it up, but Freeman's gotta be your MVP, right? All he does is play elite level ball every year.

I highly doubt it. He's too consistent. He does this year in, year out with little to no media fanfare. Mookie Betts, Manny Machado and Fernando Tatis Jr are the media darlings this year and my money is on one of those three winning MVP.

Speaking of superlatives, is Snit manager of the year? No starting pitching? No problem. Really impressed with what they've done from the front office on down to the field this year.

Snit won't win MOY either. With the extra teams in the playoffs this year and teams like the Marlins, Padres and Brewers in the playoffs when they likely wouldn't have made it in a normal season, one of those managers gets it.

Freeman will get MVP votes, Fried will get CY votes and Snit will get MOY votes, but the Braves end up with no hardware would be my bet.

DSGB

These guys have been fun to watch. It's a shame we only got to see the condensed version. Hopefully, the short season helps them out in the playoffs by not having a wore out 'pen.

BornToHuntAndFish

Looks like some changes in today's game like Albies moving up in the lineup to bat 4th at cleanup & Hechavarria at 3rd base while Duvall & Riley getting a rest.

Ein4JNqX0AIwx8C

EinpjJMWoAMQAPC

EinQsEjWsAAj-r9

BornToHuntAndFish

Rough 1st-inning giving up back to back HR's. Hope Fried's injured ankle heals quickly. Jackson followed with 4 decent innings. Good job by Braves bats responding well both innings the Marlins scored to take the lead & hold on while the fine bullpen prevented any more scoring for a nice win.

EipYmQgWoAEw38B

https://www.espn.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=401226503

Braves beat Marlins again 9-4, but Fried hurt in 1st inning

Dansby Swanson hit a three-run homer and the Atlanta Braves cruised to their third straight win ...

WIN
L. Jackson(2-0)
4.0 IP, 2 ER, 5 K, 0 BB

D. Swanson ATL - SS
2-3, HR, 3 RBI

O. Albies ATL - 2B
2-4, 2 RBI

A. Hechavarria ATL - 3B
2-4, 2 RBI

1st Aguilar homered to left (400 feet).

1st Anderson homered to center (446 feet).

1st Freeman doubled to deep right, Acuña Jr. scored.

1st Albies singled to center, Freeman scored.

1st Hechavarria singled to center, Albies scored, Swanson to third.

3rd Hechavarria singled to right center, Ozuna scored on error, Hechavarria safe at second on throwing error by right fielder Brinson, Markakis safe at third on error.

4th Albies singled to center, Acuña Jr. scored, Ozuna to second.

4th Markakis singled to left center, Ozuna scored, Albies to third.

4th Swanson homered to center (401 feet), Albies scored and Markakis scored.

32-seconds, Game Summary

Fried's injured ankle

10-seconds, Fried injures ankle

49-seconds, Swanson's 3-run 401-ft HR

DannyW

Thinking about something last night while watching the Brave's offense pummel yet another pitching staff.

A lot of people don't give the Braves much of a chance in the post season due to the lack of starting pitching. And because of the age and experience of the starters they do have. Then I thought about the 1990's Braves.

In the 90's post season play, Atlanta had three HOF starters who were in the prime of their careers. Three pitchers who had 873 wins, 154 saves, and 7 Cy Young awards between them. Yet despite having such a strong starting pitching staff, a dream staff really, they only won the big prize once.

That gives me hope for the Braves in the 2020 playoffs. Their big offense could carry them a long way.

biggdogg

The Braves have the highest scoring offense in the majors. They're 2nd in HR's and they have either the 2nd or 3rd ranked pen in the majors. As long as the bats can stay hot and we can get 5-6 innings a start from Wright and Anderson and maybe Ynoa, then I think a deep postseason run is a strong possibility. LA and San Diego will be on the same side of the bracket, so we'll only have to deal with one of them.

Coenen

The Marlins announce team mentions it in the recap, this offense can blow a game wide open in a blink.

Good to see Dansby heating back up a bit. Ozzie is on fire. They're in to the dance, just got to stay hot and see where it goes.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Everybody in the batting order is a threat to go deep or beat out a seeing eye single, which will you choose. Last night was good station to station offense with runners moving over to scoring position. Runs were scored with 2 outs and runners at 1st and 3rd. Swanson blew it wide open with his 3 run blast.

Our bullpen has been pitching in early as well as late innings all season long so hopefully they are used to tag team pitching by now. They are good enough to keep things close and give the bats a chance. They say pitching wins games but the important number on the scoreboard is runs.

This team has done surprisingly well and they are firing on all cylinders. This screwy year could be their year.

dirtnap

Everybody in the batting order is a threat to go deep or beat out a seeing eye single, which will you choose. Last night was good station to station offense with runners moving over to scoring position. Runs were scored with 2 outs and runners at 1st and 3rd. Swanson blew it wide open with his 3 run blast.

Our bullpen has been pitching in early as well as late innings all season long so hopefully they are used to tag team pitching by now. They are good enough to keep things close and give the bats a chance. They say pitching wins games but the important number on the scoreboard is runs.

This team has done surprisingly well and they are firing on all cylinders. This screwy year could be their year.
I can’t believe what I’m reading ?